"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ernest W. Rowe, 79, of rural Fountain, a retired construction worker, died May 21, 2003 at his home.
Ernest was born May 20, 1924, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, the son of Pete and Amanda (Ohl) Rowe. From 1942 to 1944, he served in the Army with duty in the European theater and participated in the Battle of the Bulge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Myrna Feiheit in Wykoff. They lived in Wykoff and the surrounding areas. He was employed in the construction trade. Mr. Rowe was a lifetime member of the VFW and a current member of the Spring Valley post. He enjoyed fishing and horseback riding. Survivors include his wife; a son, David (Pam) of Mankato; two grandchildren; and a brother, Art (Maxine) of Wykoff. Three sisters and two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was held May 26, 2003 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Donald Flaten officiating. Burial was in Dr. Martin Luther Lutheran Cemetery in rural Spring Valley with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.