"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Jones, 88, of New Hope, Minn., formerly of Chatfield and Spring Valley, died May 22, 2003 at North Ridge Care Center in New Hope, where she had lived two years.
Evelyn Ericson was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Chicago and moved to the Fountain area with her family as a child. On June 21, 1936, she married Clarence Saxton. They lived in Spring Valley until moving to Minneapolis in 1947. From 1955 to 1972, they owned and operated Arrowhead Resort on Big Boy Lake in northern Minnesota. During that time, they spent the winters in Minneapolis and summers at the lake. Mr. Saxton died April 22, 1973. She married Morton Jones on June 29, 1974, and they lived in rural Chatfield. He died Jan. 31, 1995. She continued to live in Chatfield until moving to the Twin Cities in 2000. She was a homemaker and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, David Saxton of Richfield, Minn.; two daughters, Bonnie Hill of Maple Grove, Minn., and Norma (Dennis) Nygren of Chino Hills, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Erma Shaw of Wykoff. A daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held May 27, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Curtis Fox officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.