"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
- 6:10:02, Aug 14th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - So you're accusing me of robbing the due credit from God? I ... [Read More]
- 10:35:00, Aug 12th 2016 - VikeFan 1 - Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one, "left luvr." Whoever heard of using "fa ... [Read More]
- 10:00:45, Aug 12th 2016 - dump the chump - Funny how the ones who talk the most know the least. ... [Read More]
- 7:39:53, Aug 11th 2016 - left luvr - @ sv85 Are you totally incapable of independent thought ? All you do is ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Jones, 88, of New Hope, Minn., formerly of Chatfield and Spring Valley, died May 22, 2003 at North Ridge Care Center in New Hope, where she had lived two years.
Evelyn Ericson was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Chicago and moved to the Fountain area with her family as a child. On June 21, 1936, she married Clarence Saxton. They lived in Spring Valley until moving to Minneapolis in 1947. From 1955 to 1972, they owned and operated Arrowhead Resort on Big Boy Lake in northern Minnesota. During that time, they spent the winters in Minneapolis and summers at the lake. Mr. Saxton died April 22, 1973. She married Morton Jones on June 29, 1974, and they lived in rural Chatfield. He died Jan. 31, 1995. She continued to live in Chatfield until moving to the Twin Cities in 2000. She was a homemaker and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, David Saxton of Richfield, Minn.; two daughters, Bonnie Hill of Maple Grove, Minn., and Norma (Dennis) Nygren of Chino Hills, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Erma Shaw of Wykoff. A daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held May 27, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Curtis Fox officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.