"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Jones, 88, of New Hope, Minn., formerly of Chatfield and Spring Valley, died May 22, 2003 at North Ridge Care Center in New Hope, where she had lived two years.
Evelyn Ericson was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Chicago and moved to the Fountain area with her family as a child. On June 21, 1936, she married Clarence Saxton. They lived in Spring Valley until moving to Minneapolis in 1947. From 1955 to 1972, they owned and operated Arrowhead Resort on Big Boy Lake in northern Minnesota. During that time, they spent the winters in Minneapolis and summers at the lake. Mr. Saxton died April 22, 1973. She married Morton Jones on June 29, 1974, and they lived in rural Chatfield. He died Jan. 31, 1995. She continued to live in Chatfield until moving to the Twin Cities in 2000. She was a homemaker and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, David Saxton of Richfield, Minn.; two daughters, Bonnie Hill of Maple Grove, Minn., and Norma (Dennis) Nygren of Chino Hills, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Erma Shaw of Wykoff. A daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held May 27, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Curtis Fox officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.