"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Jones, 88, of New Hope, Minn., formerly of Chatfield and Spring Valley, died May 22, 2003 at North Ridge Care Center in New Hope, where she had lived two years.
Evelyn Ericson was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Chicago and moved to the Fountain area with her family as a child. On June 21, 1936, she married Clarence Saxton. They lived in Spring Valley until moving to Minneapolis in 1947. From 1955 to 1972, they owned and operated Arrowhead Resort on Big Boy Lake in northern Minnesota. During that time, they spent the winters in Minneapolis and summers at the lake. Mr. Saxton died April 22, 1973. She married Morton Jones on June 29, 1974, and they lived in rural Chatfield. He died Jan. 31, 1995. She continued to live in Chatfield until moving to the Twin Cities in 2000. She was a homemaker and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, David Saxton of Richfield, Minn.; two daughters, Bonnie Hill of Maple Grove, Minn., and Norma (Dennis) Nygren of Chino Hills, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Erma Shaw of Wykoff. A daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held May 27, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Curtis Fox officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.