"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 30th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Jones, 88, of New Hope, Minn., formerly of Chatfield and Spring Valley, died May 22, 2003 at North Ridge Care Center in New Hope, where she had lived two years.
Evelyn Ericson was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Chicago and moved to the Fountain area with her family as a child. On June 21, 1936, she married Clarence Saxton. They lived in Spring Valley until moving to Minneapolis in 1947. From 1955 to 1972, they owned and operated Arrowhead Resort on Big Boy Lake in northern Minnesota. During that time, they spent the winters in Minneapolis and summers at the lake. Mr. Saxton died April 22, 1973. She married Morton Jones on June 29, 1974, and they lived in rural Chatfield. He died Jan. 31, 1995. She continued to live in Chatfield until moving to the Twin Cities in 2000. She was a homemaker and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, David Saxton of Richfield, Minn.; two daughters, Bonnie Hill of Maple Grove, Minn., and Norma (Dennis) Nygren of Chino Hills, Calif.; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Erma Shaw of Wykoff. A daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held May 27, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Curtis Fox officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.