"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Floyd 'Ted' Kappers, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired farmer and truck driver, died June 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had been a patient a short time.
He was born July 10, 1915, to John and Louis Kappers and attended Hall country school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 5, 1939, he married Goldie Hovey in Ostrander. He farmed and was a truck driver for Kappers Construction. Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Ivan) TerMaat of Spring Valley; two granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Vernon "Barney" (Judy) and Clayton "Sie" (Arlene), both of Spring Valley; and three sisters, Edna Vikse of Preston, Betty (Harold) Westphal of Spring Valley and Bessie (Harlan) Berg of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral was June 6, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.