"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Floyd 'Ted' Kappers, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired farmer and truck driver, died June 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had been a patient a short time.
He was born July 10, 1915, to John and Louis Kappers and attended Hall country school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 5, 1939, he married Goldie Hovey in Ostrander. He farmed and was a truck driver for Kappers Construction. Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Ivan) TerMaat of Spring Valley; two granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Vernon "Barney" (Judy) and Clayton "Sie" (Arlene), both of Spring Valley; and three sisters, Edna Vikse of Preston, Betty (Harold) Westphal of Spring Valley and Bessie (Harlan) Berg of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral was June 6, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.