"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Floyd 'Ted' Kappers, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired farmer and truck driver, died June 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had been a patient a short time.
He was born July 10, 1915, to John and Louis Kappers and attended Hall country school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 5, 1939, he married Goldie Hovey in Ostrander. He farmed and was a truck driver for Kappers Construction. Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Ivan) TerMaat of Spring Valley; two granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Vernon "Barney" (Judy) and Clayton "Sie" (Arlene), both of Spring Valley; and three sisters, Edna Vikse of Preston, Betty (Harold) Westphal of Spring Valley and Bessie (Harlan) Berg of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral was June 6, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.