"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, November 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Floyd 'Ted' Kappers, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired farmer and truck driver, died June 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had been a patient a short time.
He was born July 10, 1915, to John and Louis Kappers and attended Hall country school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 5, 1939, he married Goldie Hovey in Ostrander. He farmed and was a truck driver for Kappers Construction. Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Ivan) TerMaat of Spring Valley; two granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Vernon "Barney" (Judy) and Clayton "Sie" (Arlene), both of Spring Valley; and three sisters, Edna Vikse of Preston, Betty (Harold) Westphal of Spring Valley and Bessie (Harlan) Berg of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral was June 6, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.