"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Floyd 'Ted' Kappers, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired farmer and truck driver, died June 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had been a patient a short time.
He was born July 10, 1915, to John and Louis Kappers and attended Hall country school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 5, 1939, he married Goldie Hovey in Ostrander. He farmed and was a truck driver for Kappers Construction. Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Ivan) TerMaat of Spring Valley; two granddaughters; seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Vernon "Barney" (Judy) and Clayton "Sie" (Arlene), both of Spring Valley; and three sisters, Edna Vikse of Preston, Betty (Harold) Westphal of Spring Valley and Bessie (Harlan) Berg of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral was June 6, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.