"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lawrence E. "Larry" Berland, 90, of Preston, a retired farmer, died June 3, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Larry was born Sept. 16, 1912, in Rushford, the son of Oscar and Anna (Isberg) Berland. He graduated from Preston High School in 1931 and then worked on the family farm. From 1942 to 1945, he served in the Army, saw duty in the Pacific theater, worked in the motor pool and achieved the rank of master sergeant. On Aug. 28, 1946, he married Lennie Shepherd in Chatfield. They farmed on his family farm in rural Lanesboro until moving to Preston in 1984. The farm became Berwood Hill Inn in 1998. Mr. Berland was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston and held various offices. He was a member of the Preston American Legion and VFW, serving as a past commander and member of the rifle squad. He was a member of the Preston Lions Club and Garden Club, where he held several offices. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Fran (Marco) Scibora of St. Paul; a son, Larry (Vicki) of Decorah, Iowa; four grandchildren; two great-grandsons; and a sister, Marie (Henry) Holman of rural Lanesboro. Four brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 6 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.