"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Jun 6th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lawrence E. "Larry" Berland, 90, of Preston, a retired farmer, died June 3, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Larry was born Sept. 16, 1912, in Rushford, the son of Oscar and Anna (Isberg) Berland. He graduated from Preston High School in 1931 and then worked on the family farm. From 1942 to 1945, he served in the Army, saw duty in the Pacific theater, worked in the motor pool and achieved the rank of master sergeant. On Aug. 28, 1946, he married Lennie Shepherd in Chatfield. They farmed on his family farm in rural Lanesboro until moving to Preston in 1984. The farm became Berwood Hill Inn in 1998. Mr. Berland was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston and held various offices. He was a member of the Preston American Legion and VFW, serving as a past commander and member of the rifle squad. He was a member of the Preston Lions Club and Garden Club, where he held several offices. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Fran (Marco) Scibora of St. Paul; a son, Larry (Vicki) of Decorah, Iowa; four grandchildren; two great-grandsons; and a sister, Marie (Henry) Holman of rural Lanesboro. Four brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 6 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.