"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margaret Thompson, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired cook, died June 6, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient one week.
Margaret Westphal was born June 12, 1915, in Cresco, Iowa. to Theodore and Katherine (Woebke) Westpahl. On Jan. 28, 1935, she married Roy Thompson in Racine and they lived in Spring Valley most of their married lives. Mrs. Thompson was a cook at various restaurants and was retired from Holiday Inn. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include four daughters, Susie (Kenneth) Kohn, Peggy (Shearam) Lex, Carol Potter and Janis "Pearl" Turbenson, all of Spring Valley; three sons, Milton "Moty" and Jerry, both of Spring Valley, and Mike (Sherri) of LeRoy; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mabel Hamersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, four sons, a grandson, a great-grandson, seven brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held June 10, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.