"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
- 2:32:54, Sep 20th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - at the group here- God gave us a brain, intelligence, communication, ... [Read More]
- 11:05:14, Sep 20th 2016 - DRousse - It's not FLUSHABLE wipes that cause the problem; they are too weak. It is ... [Read More]
- 4:49:27, Sep 19th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - Thank you for your comment and feedback, On-Point. ... [Read More]
- 4:24:53, Sep 18th 2016 - Disappointed - You only post certain people's posts! ... [Read More]
- 11:38:18, Sep 16th 2016 - millerml - These days when you go to a reunion nobody cares about what you look, the ... [Read More]
- 7:51:04, Sep 15th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Roy! Can't be said that you don't stick t ... [Read More]
- 5:40:26, Sep 15th 2016 - Livin' the dream - Oh no, mary-wonnie! It's the assassin of yout'. ... [Read More]
- 10:26:43, Sep 14th 2016 - On-Point - Precisely how I feel. Differing lifestyles, views, religions, etc. are wh ... [Read More]
- 10:13:20, Sep 14th 2016 - wrong - There is so much wrong with this letter, I don't even know where to begin. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margaret Thompson, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired cook, died June 6, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient one week.
Margaret Westphal was born June 12, 1915, in Cresco, Iowa. to Theodore and Katherine (Woebke) Westpahl. On Jan. 28, 1935, she married Roy Thompson in Racine and they lived in Spring Valley most of their married lives. Mrs. Thompson was a cook at various restaurants and was retired from Holiday Inn. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include four daughters, Susie (Kenneth) Kohn, Peggy (Shearam) Lex, Carol Potter and Janis "Pearl" Turbenson, all of Spring Valley; three sons, Milton "Moty" and Jerry, both of Spring Valley, and Mike (Sherri) of LeRoy; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mabel Hamersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, four sons, a grandson, a great-grandson, seven brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held June 10, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.