"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margaret Thompson, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired cook, died June 6, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient one week.
Margaret Westphal was born June 12, 1915, in Cresco, Iowa. to Theodore and Katherine (Woebke) Westpahl. On Jan. 28, 1935, she married Roy Thompson in Racine and they lived in Spring Valley most of their married lives. Mrs. Thompson was a cook at various restaurants and was retired from Holiday Inn. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include four daughters, Susie (Kenneth) Kohn, Peggy (Shearam) Lex, Carol Potter and Janis "Pearl" Turbenson, all of Spring Valley; three sons, Milton "Moty" and Jerry, both of Spring Valley, and Mike (Sherri) of LeRoy; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mabel Hamersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, four sons, a grandson, a great-grandson, seven brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held June 10, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.