"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margaret Thompson, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired cook, died June 6, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient one week.
Margaret Westphal was born June 12, 1915, in Cresco, Iowa. to Theodore and Katherine (Woebke) Westpahl. On Jan. 28, 1935, she married Roy Thompson in Racine and they lived in Spring Valley most of their married lives. Mrs. Thompson was a cook at various restaurants and was retired from Holiday Inn. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include four daughters, Susie (Kenneth) Kohn, Peggy (Shearam) Lex, Carol Potter and Janis "Pearl" Turbenson, all of Spring Valley; three sons, Milton "Moty" and Jerry, both of Spring Valley, and Mike (Sherri) of LeRoy; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mabel Hamersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, four sons, a grandson, a great-grandson, seven brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held June 10, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.