"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margaret Thompson, 87, of Spring Valley, a retired cook, died June 6, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient one week.
Margaret Westphal was born June 12, 1915, in Cresco, Iowa. to Theodore and Katherine (Woebke) Westpahl. On Jan. 28, 1935, she married Roy Thompson in Racine and they lived in Spring Valley most of their married lives. Mrs. Thompson was a cook at various restaurants and was retired from Holiday Inn. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include four daughters, Susie (Kenneth) Kohn, Peggy (Shearam) Lex, Carol Potter and Janis "Pearl" Turbenson, all of Spring Valley; three sons, Milton "Moty" and Jerry, both of Spring Valley, and Mike (Sherri) of LeRoy; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Mabel Hamersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, four sons, a grandson, a great-grandson, seven brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held June 10, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.