"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
May O. Roelofs, 99, of Rochester, formerly of Preston, died June 8, 2003 at Samaritan Bethany Heights.
May O. Gysbers was born Oct. 3, 1903, in Alto, Wis., moved to Castlewood, S.D., with her family and later to Hinckley, Minn., where she attended school. On Feb. 6, 1924, she married Edwin E. Roelofs in Hinckley. They farmed in the Preston area for 57 years. Mrs. Roelofs also was employed by Avon Inc. and worked at HECO until her retirement at age 73. She moved to Rochester in 1982 following her husband's death. She was an active church member in Greenleafton and Rochester. Survivors include two daughters, Delores Padilla of Rochester and Lauris Jean (Art) Prinsen of Pequot Falls, Minn.; two sons, Maynard (Marvel) of Pigeon Falls, Wis., and Harvey of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. The funeral was held June 11, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Shirley Heeg officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.