"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
May O. Roelofs, 99, of Rochester, formerly of Preston, died June 8, 2003 at Samaritan Bethany Heights.
May O. Gysbers was born Oct. 3, 1903, in Alto, Wis., moved to Castlewood, S.D., with her family and later to Hinckley, Minn., where she attended school. On Feb. 6, 1924, she married Edwin E. Roelofs in Hinckley. They farmed in the Preston area for 57 years. Mrs. Roelofs also was employed by Avon Inc. and worked at HECO until her retirement at age 73. She moved to Rochester in 1982 following her husband's death. She was an active church member in Greenleafton and Rochester. Survivors include two daughters, Delores Padilla of Rochester and Lauris Jean (Art) Prinsen of Pequot Falls, Minn.; two sons, Maynard (Marvel) of Pigeon Falls, Wis., and Harvey of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. The funeral was held June 11, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Shirley Heeg officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.