"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
May O. Roelofs, 99, of Rochester, formerly of Preston, died June 8, 2003 at Samaritan Bethany Heights.
May O. Gysbers was born Oct. 3, 1903, in Alto, Wis., moved to Castlewood, S.D., with her family and later to Hinckley, Minn., where she attended school. On Feb. 6, 1924, she married Edwin E. Roelofs in Hinckley. They farmed in the Preston area for 57 years. Mrs. Roelofs also was employed by Avon Inc. and worked at HECO until her retirement at age 73. She moved to Rochester in 1982 following her husband's death. She was an active church member in Greenleafton and Rochester. Survivors include two daughters, Delores Padilla of Rochester and Lauris Jean (Art) Prinsen of Pequot Falls, Minn.; two sons, Maynard (Marvel) of Pigeon Falls, Wis., and Harvey of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. The funeral was held June 11, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Shirley Heeg officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.