"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
May O. Roelofs, 99, of Rochester, formerly of Preston, died June 8, 2003 at Samaritan Bethany Heights.
May O. Gysbers was born Oct. 3, 1903, in Alto, Wis., moved to Castlewood, S.D., with her family and later to Hinckley, Minn., where she attended school. On Feb. 6, 1924, she married Edwin E. Roelofs in Hinckley. They farmed in the Preston area for 57 years. Mrs. Roelofs also was employed by Avon Inc. and worked at HECO until her retirement at age 73. She moved to Rochester in 1982 following her husband's death. She was an active church member in Greenleafton and Rochester. Survivors include two daughters, Delores Padilla of Rochester and Lauris Jean (Art) Prinsen of Pequot Falls, Minn.; two sons, Maynard (Marvel) of Pigeon Falls, Wis., and Harvey of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. The funeral was held June 11, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Shirley Heeg officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.