"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:18:20, Aug 4th 2015 - A Parent - What about the 4 kids that have fallen on the icy road already on the way ... [Read More]
- 5:27:13, Aug 4th 2015 - - Yup. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. and why pick Preston, why not ... [Read More]
- 7:36:35, Aug 3rd 2015 - Aspy - Talk about a council full of dumba**es! ... [Read More]
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theresa "Terri" Blanchard, 55, of Spring Valley, died June 11, 2003 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Theresa Rose Schwering was born Jan. 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, to William and Alms (Schroer) Schwering. She attended elementary school in Duncombe, Iowa, and Havelock-Plover, Iowa, and was a 1966 graduate of Dodge Center High School. From 1966 to 1972, she was a secretary at Folkestad Chevrolet in Kasson and then worked for the city of Spring Valley in a number of capacities, including secretary at City Hall for several years and as manager of the Municipal Liquor Store. She continued to work at the store after it was privatized for a total of seven years. From 1995 until her retirement in 2002 she was receptionist for Dr. Brice Greene, DDS, in Spring Valley. On May 8, 1971, she married Michael S. Blanchard of Byron at St. John's Catholic Church in Dodge Center. Her husband is employed by Kelly Services at the Mayo Inventory Center. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Jean Blanchard of Rochester and Jessica Blanchard of Spring Valley; a son, Matthew of Spring Valley; a granddaughter; two sisters, Joyce (Clarence) Arndorfer of LeRoy and Jean Kramer of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Joe (Marilyn) Schwering of Claremont. She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three sisters and her twin brother. A funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. June 17, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church where the rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley is in charge of arrangements.