"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theresa "Terri" Blanchard, 55, of Spring Valley, died June 11, 2003 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Theresa Rose Schwering was born Jan. 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, to William and Alms (Schroer) Schwering. She attended elementary school in Duncombe, Iowa, and Havelock-Plover, Iowa, and was a 1966 graduate of Dodge Center High School. From 1966 to 1972, she was a secretary at Folkestad Chevrolet in Kasson and then worked for the city of Spring Valley in a number of capacities, including secretary at City Hall for several years and as manager of the Municipal Liquor Store. She continued to work at the store after it was privatized for a total of seven years. From 1995 until her retirement in 2002 she was receptionist for Dr. Brice Greene, DDS, in Spring Valley. On May 8, 1971, she married Michael S. Blanchard of Byron at St. John's Catholic Church in Dodge Center. Her husband is employed by Kelly Services at the Mayo Inventory Center. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Jean Blanchard of Rochester and Jessica Blanchard of Spring Valley; a son, Matthew of Spring Valley; a granddaughter; two sisters, Joyce (Clarence) Arndorfer of LeRoy and Jean Kramer of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Joe (Marilyn) Schwering of Claremont. She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three sisters and her twin brother. A funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. June 17, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church where the rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley is in charge of arrangements.