"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theresa "Terri" Blanchard, 55, of Spring Valley, died June 11, 2003 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Theresa Rose Schwering was born Jan. 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, to William and Alms (Schroer) Schwering. She attended elementary school in Duncombe, Iowa, and Havelock-Plover, Iowa, and was a 1966 graduate of Dodge Center High School. From 1966 to 1972, she was a secretary at Folkestad Chevrolet in Kasson and then worked for the city of Spring Valley in a number of capacities, including secretary at City Hall for several years and as manager of the Municipal Liquor Store. She continued to work at the store after it was privatized for a total of seven years. From 1995 until her retirement in 2002 she was receptionist for Dr. Brice Greene, DDS, in Spring Valley. On May 8, 1971, she married Michael S. Blanchard of Byron at St. John's Catholic Church in Dodge Center. Her husband is employed by Kelly Services at the Mayo Inventory Center. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Jean Blanchard of Rochester and Jessica Blanchard of Spring Valley; a son, Matthew of Spring Valley; a granddaughter; two sisters, Joyce (Clarence) Arndorfer of LeRoy and Jean Kramer of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Joe (Marilyn) Schwering of Claremont. She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three sisters and her twin brother. A funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. June 17, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church where the rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley is in charge of arrangements.