"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theresa "Terri" Blanchard, 55, of Spring Valley, died June 11, 2003 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Theresa Rose Schwering was born Jan. 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, to William and Alms (Schroer) Schwering. She attended elementary school in Duncombe, Iowa, and Havelock-Plover, Iowa, and was a 1966 graduate of Dodge Center High School. From 1966 to 1972, she was a secretary at Folkestad Chevrolet in Kasson and then worked for the city of Spring Valley in a number of capacities, including secretary at City Hall for several years and as manager of the Municipal Liquor Store. She continued to work at the store after it was privatized for a total of seven years. From 1995 until her retirement in 2002 she was receptionist for Dr. Brice Greene, DDS, in Spring Valley. On May 8, 1971, she married Michael S. Blanchard of Byron at St. John's Catholic Church in Dodge Center. Her husband is employed by Kelly Services at the Mayo Inventory Center. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Jean Blanchard of Rochester and Jessica Blanchard of Spring Valley; a son, Matthew of Spring Valley; a granddaughter; two sisters, Joyce (Clarence) Arndorfer of LeRoy and Jean Kramer of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Joe (Marilyn) Schwering of Claremont. She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three sisters and her twin brother. A funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. June 17, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church where the rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley is in charge of arrangements.