"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theresa "Terri" Blanchard, 55, of Spring Valley, died June 11, 2003 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Theresa Rose Schwering was born Jan. 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, to William and Alms (Schroer) Schwering. She attended elementary school in Duncombe, Iowa, and Havelock-Plover, Iowa, and was a 1966 graduate of Dodge Center High School. From 1966 to 1972, she was a secretary at Folkestad Chevrolet in Kasson and then worked for the city of Spring Valley in a number of capacities, including secretary at City Hall for several years and as manager of the Municipal Liquor Store. She continued to work at the store after it was privatized for a total of seven years. From 1995 until her retirement in 2002 she was receptionist for Dr. Brice Greene, DDS, in Spring Valley. On May 8, 1971, she married Michael S. Blanchard of Byron at St. John's Catholic Church in Dodge Center. Her husband is employed by Kelly Services at the Mayo Inventory Center. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Jean Blanchard of Rochester and Jessica Blanchard of Spring Valley; a son, Matthew of Spring Valley; a granddaughter; two sisters, Joyce (Clarence) Arndorfer of LeRoy and Jean Kramer of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Joe (Marilyn) Schwering of Claremont. She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three sisters and her twin brother. A funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. June 17, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church where the rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley is in charge of arrangements.