"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.