"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.