"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.