"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.