"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.