"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:36:11, Jun 2nd 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Trying to see the point of Yvonne's letter. A law was passed regarding fri ... [Read More]
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - email@example.com - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
- 11:04:50, May 31st 2015 - trojan fan - Margaret Carlson, you need to read RP school board chair Linder's respo ... [Read More]
- 10:23:01, May 31st 2015 - fact check - Yes Stan's OPINION is shocking....it is also not factual. I'm certain ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 13th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon Hale Benschoter, 92, of Fairmont, MN, father of Lori Slindee of Harmony, died June 10, 2003 at the Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center in Fairmont.
Mr. Benschoter was born February 15, 1911 in Silver Lake Township, Martin County, MN. He grew up in the Fairmont area where he attended Fairmont Schools. Gordon was united in marriage to Virginia Olson on September 16, 1940 at Algona, IA. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Guard and was employed as a tool and die maker at Fairmont Railway Motors for over forty years. Gordon was a member of the First Congregational-United Church of Christ. He was an elected member of the Fairmont City Council for thirty-four years. Survivors include his wife, three daughters, Lori (Eric) Slindee of Harmony, Merith Maxa and Nancy (Phil) Moye, both of Inver Grove Heights, MN, and four grandchildren, six sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, Gordon was also preceded in death by a son-in-law, four brothers, and five sisters. Memorial services will be held June 17, 2003 at the First Congregational-United Church of Christ in Fairmont with private family inurnment in Center Chain Cemetery, rural Fairmont.