"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fernando Paul Winslow, 84, of rural Fountain, a lifelong area farmer, died June 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 2, 1919, in Spring Valley. On Jan. 23, 1942, he married Alice May Riddle at Methodist Church in Wykoff. Mr. Winslow farmed on the home farm for more than 60 years, including with his son Scott for many years. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Kenneth (Linda) and Scott (Jean), both of Fountain; four daughters, Joanne Kappler of Fuquay-Varina, N.C., Paula (Percy) Bessingpas of Stewartville, Connie Walker of Chatfield and Jean (Gary) Scheevel of Preston; 16 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Elizabeth McNeir Stennes of Mabel. He was preceded in death by a grandchild, three brothers and a sister. The funeral was held June 19, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. David Westlake of the Fountain United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Winslow Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.