"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fernando Paul Winslow, 84, of rural Fountain, a lifelong area farmer, died June 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 2, 1919, in Spring Valley. On Jan. 23, 1942, he married Alice May Riddle at Methodist Church in Wykoff. Mr. Winslow farmed on the home farm for more than 60 years, including with his son Scott for many years. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Kenneth (Linda) and Scott (Jean), both of Fountain; four daughters, Joanne Kappler of Fuquay-Varina, N.C., Paula (Percy) Bessingpas of Stewartville, Connie Walker of Chatfield and Jean (Gary) Scheevel of Preston; 16 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Elizabeth McNeir Stennes of Mabel. He was preceded in death by a grandchild, three brothers and a sister. The funeral was held June 19, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. David Westlake of the Fountain United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Winslow Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.