"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fernando Paul Winslow, 84, of rural Fountain, a lifelong area farmer, died June 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 2, 1919, in Spring Valley. On Jan. 23, 1942, he married Alice May Riddle at Methodist Church in Wykoff. Mr. Winslow farmed on the home farm for more than 60 years, including with his son Scott for many years. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Kenneth (Linda) and Scott (Jean), both of Fountain; four daughters, Joanne Kappler of Fuquay-Varina, N.C., Paula (Percy) Bessingpas of Stewartville, Connie Walker of Chatfield and Jean (Gary) Scheevel of Preston; 16 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Elizabeth McNeir Stennes of Mabel. He was preceded in death by a grandchild, three brothers and a sister. The funeral was held June 19, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. David Westlake of the Fountain United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Winslow Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.