"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fernando Paul Winslow, 84, of rural Fountain, a lifelong area farmer, died June 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 2, 1919, in Spring Valley. On Jan. 23, 1942, he married Alice May Riddle at Methodist Church in Wykoff. Mr. Winslow farmed on the home farm for more than 60 years, including with his son Scott for many years. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Kenneth (Linda) and Scott (Jean), both of Fountain; four daughters, Joanne Kappler of Fuquay-Varina, N.C., Paula (Percy) Bessingpas of Stewartville, Connie Walker of Chatfield and Jean (Gary) Scheevel of Preston; 16 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Elizabeth McNeir Stennes of Mabel. He was preceded in death by a grandchild, three brothers and a sister. The funeral was held June 19, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. David Westlake of the Fountain United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Winslow Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.