"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James Newton Schmidt, 75 of Waterloo, passed away June 12th at Covenant Medical Center.
Jim was born September 4, 1927 at home in rural Lime Springs, Iowa to Jens and Anna (Atzen). He attended country school in rural Howard County and Lime Springs. Jim later enlisted in the Army and served in Germany. Jim married Madonna Cummings in Chester, IA on January 2,1950. To this union were born four children. Gary L. Schmidt (Vivian), Sandy K. Scheevel (Kevin), Cindy A. Rasmussen (Daryl), and James K. Schmidt. James worked at Rath Packing in Waterloo until retirement. He survived by two sisters, Mrs. Pearl Kruger (Waterloo) Mrs. Marvel Hughes (Bellingham, WA), two sons, two daughters, eight grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. His wife, his mother and father, three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. A funeral mass was held June 16, 2003 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Waterloo. Burial was at Garden of Memories, Waterloo.