"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James Newton Schmidt, 75 of Waterloo, passed away June 12th at Covenant Medical Center.
Jim was born September 4, 1927 at home in rural Lime Springs, Iowa to Jens and Anna (Atzen). He attended country school in rural Howard County and Lime Springs. Jim later enlisted in the Army and served in Germany. Jim married Madonna Cummings in Chester, IA on January 2,1950. To this union were born four children. Gary L. Schmidt (Vivian), Sandy K. Scheevel (Kevin), Cindy A. Rasmussen (Daryl), and James K. Schmidt. James worked at Rath Packing in Waterloo until retirement. He survived by two sisters, Mrs. Pearl Kruger (Waterloo) Mrs. Marvel Hughes (Bellingham, WA), two sons, two daughters, eight grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. His wife, his mother and father, three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. A funeral mass was held June 16, 2003 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Waterloo. Burial was at Garden of Memories, Waterloo.