"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James Newton Schmidt, 75 of Waterloo, passed away June 12th at Covenant Medical Center.
Jim was born September 4, 1927 at home in rural Lime Springs, Iowa to Jens and Anna (Atzen). He attended country school in rural Howard County and Lime Springs. Jim later enlisted in the Army and served in Germany. Jim married Madonna Cummings in Chester, IA on January 2,1950. To this union were born four children. Gary L. Schmidt (Vivian), Sandy K. Scheevel (Kevin), Cindy A. Rasmussen (Daryl), and James K. Schmidt. James worked at Rath Packing in Waterloo until retirement. He survived by two sisters, Mrs. Pearl Kruger (Waterloo) Mrs. Marvel Hughes (Bellingham, WA), two sons, two daughters, eight grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. His wife, his mother and father, three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. A funeral mass was held June 16, 2003 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Waterloo. Burial was at Garden of Memories, Waterloo.