"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James Newton Schmidt, 75 of Waterloo, passed away June 12th at Covenant Medical Center.
Jim was born September 4, 1927 at home in rural Lime Springs, Iowa to Jens and Anna (Atzen). He attended country school in rural Howard County and Lime Springs. Jim later enlisted in the Army and served in Germany. Jim married Madonna Cummings in Chester, IA on January 2,1950. To this union were born four children. Gary L. Schmidt (Vivian), Sandy K. Scheevel (Kevin), Cindy A. Rasmussen (Daryl), and James K. Schmidt. James worked at Rath Packing in Waterloo until retirement. He survived by two sisters, Mrs. Pearl Kruger (Waterloo) Mrs. Marvel Hughes (Bellingham, WA), two sons, two daughters, eight grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. His wife, his mother and father, three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. A funeral mass was held June 16, 2003 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Waterloo. Burial was at Garden of Memories, Waterloo.