"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 9th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
- 8:54:16, Dec 8th 2016 - AMEN - Amen to that ... [Read More]
- 8:53:38, Dec 8th 2016 - Go Trump - To Doc, I use oil, so take my money for that. It is better than getting ... [Read More]
- 8:43:47, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - As I have said before, the most vocal are also the most ignorant. I'll bet you h ... [Read More]
- 8:39:51, Dec 8th 2016 - two dogs - I just threw up my breakfast reading this. Yvonne, seriously? You need hel ... [Read More]
- 6:10:29, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - On behalf of all the hard working honest citizens of America, I offer the ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Joseph Coe Sr., 81, of Chatfield, a retired school custodian, died June 17, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester where he had been a patient 20 days.
Born July 25, 1921, in St. Charles, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1939 and served in the military from June 1942 to December 1945. On Jan. 15, 1947, he married Vivian Bernard at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield. Mr. Coe was custodian for Chatfield Public Schools for 30 years and retired in 1986. He was a member of the Chatfield Fire Department for 33 years, served with the ambulance service, and was a member of Masonic Lodge 25 AF & AM, Lions Club and St. Matthews Church vestry. He was a handyman and enjoyed hobby farming. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Robert Jr. (Kay) and Rodney (Laurel), both of Chatfield; four daughters, Marilyn (Riad) Safa of Linden, Mich., Marla (Robert) Drogemuller and Marjorie (Michael) Martin, both of Chatfield, and Mary (Jim) Haag of Rochester; 15 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Evelyn Becker of Chatfield and Dorothy Paquette of McGregor, Minn. Three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 21, 2003 at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Anne Scheible officiating. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements. A Masonic service was held June 20 at the funeral home.