"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Joseph Coe Sr., 81, of Chatfield, a retired school custodian, died June 17, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester where he had been a patient 20 days.
Born July 25, 1921, in St. Charles, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1939 and served in the military from June 1942 to December 1945. On Jan. 15, 1947, he married Vivian Bernard at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield. Mr. Coe was custodian for Chatfield Public Schools for 30 years and retired in 1986. He was a member of the Chatfield Fire Department for 33 years, served with the ambulance service, and was a member of Masonic Lodge 25 AF & AM, Lions Club and St. Matthews Church vestry. He was a handyman and enjoyed hobby farming. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Robert Jr. (Kay) and Rodney (Laurel), both of Chatfield; four daughters, Marilyn (Riad) Safa of Linden, Mich., Marla (Robert) Drogemuller and Marjorie (Michael) Martin, both of Chatfield, and Mary (Jim) Haag of Rochester; 15 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Evelyn Becker of Chatfield and Dorothy Paquette of McGregor, Minn. Three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 21, 2003 at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Anne Scheible officiating. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements. A Masonic service was held June 20 at the funeral home.