"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Joseph Coe Sr., 81, of Chatfield, a retired school custodian, died June 17, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester where he had been a patient 20 days.
Born July 25, 1921, in St. Charles, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1939 and served in the military from June 1942 to December 1945. On Jan. 15, 1947, he married Vivian Bernard at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield. Mr. Coe was custodian for Chatfield Public Schools for 30 years and retired in 1986. He was a member of the Chatfield Fire Department for 33 years, served with the ambulance service, and was a member of Masonic Lodge 25 AF & AM, Lions Club and St. Matthews Church vestry. He was a handyman and enjoyed hobby farming. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Robert Jr. (Kay) and Rodney (Laurel), both of Chatfield; four daughters, Marilyn (Riad) Safa of Linden, Mich., Marla (Robert) Drogemuller and Marjorie (Michael) Martin, both of Chatfield, and Mary (Jim) Haag of Rochester; 15 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Evelyn Becker of Chatfield and Dorothy Paquette of McGregor, Minn. Three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 21, 2003 at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Anne Scheible officiating. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements. A Masonic service was held June 20 at the funeral home.