"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
- 12:59:43, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Thank you for running Vance. You'll be an excellent commissioner! ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 20th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Joseph Coe Sr., 81, of Chatfield, a retired school custodian, died June 17, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester where he had been a patient 20 days.
Born July 25, 1921, in St. Charles, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1939 and served in the military from June 1942 to December 1945. On Jan. 15, 1947, he married Vivian Bernard at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield. Mr. Coe was custodian for Chatfield Public Schools for 30 years and retired in 1986. He was a member of the Chatfield Fire Department for 33 years, served with the ambulance service, and was a member of Masonic Lodge 25 AF & AM, Lions Club and St. Matthews Church vestry. He was a handyman and enjoyed hobby farming. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Robert Jr. (Kay) and Rodney (Laurel), both of Chatfield; four daughters, Marilyn (Riad) Safa of Linden, Mich., Marla (Robert) Drogemuller and Marjorie (Michael) Martin, both of Chatfield, and Mary (Jim) Haag of Rochester; 15 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Evelyn Becker of Chatfield and Dorothy Paquette of McGregor, Minn. Three brothers and five sisters preceded him in death. The funeral was held June 21, 2003 at St. Matthews Episcopal Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Anne Scheible officiating. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements. A Masonic service was held June 20 at the funeral home.