"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Muriel E. Sveen, 70, of Peterson, died June 21, 2003 in Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient for four days.
Muriel Hildestad was born June 16, 1933, in Lanesboro and graduated from Lanesboro High School. She married Melvin Sveen on May 17, 1952, in Whalan. They lived in the Lanesboro area and rural Peterson. He died April 11, 1995. She moved to Good Sheperd Lutheran Home in Rushford four years ago. She was a member of the Peterson American Legion auxiliary. Surviving are two sons, John (Rhonda) of Fountain, and Jeff of Winona; a daughter, Julie Sveen of Rushford; three grandchildren; four brothers, Tilmen Hildestad of Aitken, Minn., Ardell (Marie) Hildestad of Rochester; Bennett (Betty) Hildestad of Hodgson, Minn., and Arlys (Donna) Hildestad of Eyota; and four sisters, Delores Ruzek of Rochester, Verna (Harvey) Berge of Lanesboro; Lilah (Allen) Ellingson of Lanesboro and Janet Peterson of Rushford. She was preceded in death by three sisters. The funeral was held June 24, 2003 in Whalan Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul R. Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.