"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Muriel E. Sveen, 70, of Peterson, died June 21, 2003 in Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient for four days.
Muriel Hildestad was born June 16, 1933, in Lanesboro and graduated from Lanesboro High School. She married Melvin Sveen on May 17, 1952, in Whalan. They lived in the Lanesboro area and rural Peterson. He died April 11, 1995. She moved to Good Sheperd Lutheran Home in Rushford four years ago. She was a member of the Peterson American Legion auxiliary. Surviving are two sons, John (Rhonda) of Fountain, and Jeff of Winona; a daughter, Julie Sveen of Rushford; three grandchildren; four brothers, Tilmen Hildestad of Aitken, Minn., Ardell (Marie) Hildestad of Rochester; Bennett (Betty) Hildestad of Hodgson, Minn., and Arlys (Donna) Hildestad of Eyota; and four sisters, Delores Ruzek of Rochester, Verna (Harvey) Berge of Lanesboro; Lilah (Allen) Ellingson of Lanesboro and Janet Peterson of Rushford. She was preceded in death by three sisters. The funeral was held June 24, 2003 in Whalan Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul R. Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.