"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
- 2:32:54, Sep 20th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - at the group here- God gave us a brain, intelligence, communication, ... [Read More]
- 11:05:14, Sep 20th 2016 - DRousse - It's not FLUSHABLE wipes that cause the problem; they are too weak. It is ... [Read More]
- 4:49:27, Sep 19th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - Thank you for your comment and feedback, On-Point. ... [Read More]
- 4:24:53, Sep 18th 2016 - Disappointed - You only post certain people's posts! ... [Read More]
- 11:38:18, Sep 16th 2016 - millerml - These days when you go to a reunion nobody cares about what you look, the ... [Read More]
- 7:51:04, Sep 15th 2016 - email@example.com - Congratulations Roy! Can't be said that you don't stick t ... [Read More]
- 5:40:26, Sep 15th 2016 - Livin' the dream - Oh no, mary-wonnie! It's the assassin of yout'. ... [Read More]
- 10:26:43, Sep 14th 2016 - On-Point - Precisely how I feel. Differing lifestyles, views, religions, etc. are wh ... [Read More]
- 10:13:20, Sep 14th 2016 - wrong - There is so much wrong with this letter, I don't even know where to begin. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Muriel E. Sveen, 70, of Peterson, died June 21, 2003 in Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient for four days.
Muriel Hildestad was born June 16, 1933, in Lanesboro and graduated from Lanesboro High School. She married Melvin Sveen on May 17, 1952, in Whalan. They lived in the Lanesboro area and rural Peterson. He died April 11, 1995. She moved to Good Sheperd Lutheran Home in Rushford four years ago. She was a member of the Peterson American Legion auxiliary. Surviving are two sons, John (Rhonda) of Fountain, and Jeff of Winona; a daughter, Julie Sveen of Rushford; three grandchildren; four brothers, Tilmen Hildestad of Aitken, Minn., Ardell (Marie) Hildestad of Rochester; Bennett (Betty) Hildestad of Hodgson, Minn., and Arlys (Donna) Hildestad of Eyota; and four sisters, Delores Ruzek of Rochester, Verna (Harvey) Berge of Lanesboro; Lilah (Allen) Ellingson of Lanesboro and Janet Peterson of Rushford. She was preceded in death by three sisters. The funeral was held June 24, 2003 in Whalan Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul R. Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.