"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.