"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
- 3:50:03, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:48:22, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:34:34, Jul 21st 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth As usual your post contains only babble with no facts and no p ... [Read More]
- 3:19:02, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @leftluvr and former left winger Before you weigh in on commentaries like th ... [Read More]
- 3:12:00, Jul 21st 2016 - seriously? - @herb, If you are correct and unbiased that would mean if Condoleezza Ri ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.