"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.