"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.