"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.