"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - email@example.com - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Colene E. Rice, 73, of Caledonia, Minnesota died on June 17, 2003 at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Merriam, Kansas. She had been staying with her daughter in a suburb of Kansas City during medical treatment.Colene Margaret Elton was born Dec. 5, 1929, in Spring Valley to Reuben and Mae Elton. She grew up in Canton and graduated from Canton High School. She completed Normal Training at Winona State Teachers College and taught elementary school in Caledonia and Rochester. She earned her bachelor's degree in education at the University of Minnesota. While in Caledonia she married Donald E. Rice in Canton Presbyterian Church on July 17, 1955. They lived in Caledonia, where he purchased Rice Pharmacy, which he operated for more than 40 years. She operated the pharmacy after his death in 2000 until selling it in March of this year. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church since 1955. She enjoyed Bible studies with her circle. She was a voracious reader, enjoying recipe books and financial news. She loved to read to her grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter, Karen Rice (Jonathan) Hagerott of Overland Park, Kan.; two grandchildren; a brother, Gerald (Myrna) Elton of Woodville, Wis.; and a sister, Cleo (C. James) Cieminski of Aurora, Colo. She was preceded in death by an infant sister. A memorial service was held at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia, on June 28, with the Rev. Rolf Storlie officiating. McCormick Funeral Home of Caledonia was in charge of arrangements.