"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert F. Hoopman, 81, of Lime Springs, a farmer, died of natural causes June 17, 2003 at his home.
Herbert was born Nov. 14, 1921, in Lime Springs, the son of Walter and Louise Marie (Nise) Hoopman. He attended the rural school in Albion Township. He farmed on several farms in the Lime Springs area and in 1964 moved to the Highway 44 farm where he was living at the time of his death. On Jan. 15, 1946, he married Marvene Banks in Lime Springs. She died April 20, 1990. Survivors include a daughter, LuAnn (John) Kingsbury of Taylors, S.C.; two sons, Walter of Lime Springs and Keith of Anchorage, Alaska; two grandchildren; and a sister, Marion Boyd of Spring Valley. The funeral was held June 21, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Lime Springs. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs.