"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:58:59, May 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - Chicago Tribune, Tuesday, May 26. 56 shot and 12 killed over the long M ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Lou Evers, 69, formerly of rural Spring Valley, died June 24, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Mary Lou Groby was born Sept. 2, 1933, in Chatfield, the daughter of Lloyd and Nina (Swenson) Groby. She grew up in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1951. She married Glenn Evers on Jan. 16, 1954, in Chatfield. The couple made their home on his family farm in rural Spring Valley; she was a homemaker. He died Dec. 4, 1991. She moved to Oakenwald Terrace in Chatfield in 1992. She was a member of St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff. Surviving are a son, Royal (Sally) of rural Spring Valley; a daughter, Sharon Evers of Rochester; and two granddaughters. She was also preceded in death by a sister and a granddaughter. The funeral was held June 27, 2003 at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Peter J. Sestak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.