"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Apenhorst, 85, of Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, formerly of Forestville Township, Fillmore County, died June 18, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Evelyn Johanna Brusse was born Sept. 11, 1917, in Preston, to John and Mary (Ledeboer) Brusse. She attended Preston schools and normal training and then taught at Stone School. On Sept. 7, 1938, she married Raymond Apenhorst at the Evangelical Church parsonage in Preston. They farmed in Forestville Township. Mrs. Apenhorst was a member of Greenleafton Reformed Church, Farmerettes Homemakers Club and Green Valley Riders Saddle Club. She enjoyed cooking, knitting, and growing violets and roses. Survivors include a daughter, Mary Ann (Bob) Root of Spring Valley; three sons, Gary (Janice) of Preston, Richard (Evelyn) and Douglas (Linda), both of Spring Valley; 10 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; a stepgrandson; and a sister, Doris (Carroll) Prinsen of Preston. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral was held Juen 21, 2003 at the Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Mark Volkers and Aaron Vis co-officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.