"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 27th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn Apenhorst, 85, of Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, formerly of Forestville Township, Fillmore County, died June 18, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Evelyn Johanna Brusse was born Sept. 11, 1917, in Preston, to John and Mary (Ledeboer) Brusse. She attended Preston schools and normal training and then taught at Stone School. On Sept. 7, 1938, she married Raymond Apenhorst at the Evangelical Church parsonage in Preston. They farmed in Forestville Township. Mrs. Apenhorst was a member of Greenleafton Reformed Church, Farmerettes Homemakers Club and Green Valley Riders Saddle Club. She enjoyed cooking, knitting, and growing violets and roses. Survivors include a daughter, Mary Ann (Bob) Root of Spring Valley; three sons, Gary (Janice) of Preston, Richard (Evelyn) and Douglas (Linda), both of Spring Valley; 10 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; a stepgrandson; and a sister, Doris (Carroll) Prinsen of Preston. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral was held Juen 21, 2003 at the Greenleafton Reformed Church in Greenleafton, with the Rev. Mark Volkers and Aaron Vis co-officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.