"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Modesta "Mud" Jaszewski, 99, of Winona, died June 26, 2003 at Lake Winona Manor.
Modesta Cierzan was born Jan. 16, 1904, in Winona, the daughter of Frank L. and Mary (Zabrowski) Cierzan. She grew up in Winona and graduated from St. Stanislaus School in 1924. She married Sigmund Jaszewski in Winona. They lived in Winona until 1956 and then in St. Louis Park, Minn. Mrs. Jaszewski was a homemaker and had been a seamstress at Bailey's in Winona and worked in clothing sales at Braun's in St. Louis Park. Her husband died April 10, 1981. She returned to Winona in 1995 and lived at the Alterra assisted-living home before entering Lake Winona Manor in November 2002. Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette (Harlan) Wilson of Las Vegas; a son, Frank of Preston; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 2, 2003 at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Winona, with the Rev. Daniel R. Dernek officiating. Burial was in St. Mary's Cemetery in Winona.