"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Modesta "Mud" Jaszewski, 99, of Winona, died June 26, 2003 at Lake Winona Manor.
Modesta Cierzan was born Jan. 16, 1904, in Winona, the daughter of Frank L. and Mary (Zabrowski) Cierzan. She grew up in Winona and graduated from St. Stanislaus School in 1924. She married Sigmund Jaszewski in Winona. They lived in Winona until 1956 and then in St. Louis Park, Minn. Mrs. Jaszewski was a homemaker and had been a seamstress at Bailey's in Winona and worked in clothing sales at Braun's in St. Louis Park. Her husband died April 10, 1981. She returned to Winona in 1995 and lived at the Alterra assisted-living home before entering Lake Winona Manor in November 2002. Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette (Harlan) Wilson of Las Vegas; a son, Frank of Preston; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 2, 2003 at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Winona, with the Rev. Daniel R. Dernek officiating. Burial was in St. Mary's Cemetery in Winona.