"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Modesta "Mud" Jaszewski, 99, of Winona, died June 26, 2003 at Lake Winona Manor.
Modesta Cierzan was born Jan. 16, 1904, in Winona, the daughter of Frank L. and Mary (Zabrowski) Cierzan. She grew up in Winona and graduated from St. Stanislaus School in 1924. She married Sigmund Jaszewski in Winona. They lived in Winona until 1956 and then in St. Louis Park, Minn. Mrs. Jaszewski was a homemaker and had been a seamstress at Bailey's in Winona and worked in clothing sales at Braun's in St. Louis Park. Her husband died April 10, 1981. She returned to Winona in 1995 and lived at the Alterra assisted-living home before entering Lake Winona Manor in November 2002. Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette (Harlan) Wilson of Las Vegas; a son, Frank of Preston; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 2, 2003 at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Winona, with the Rev. Daniel R. Dernek officiating. Burial was in St. Mary's Cemetery in Winona.