"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Modesta "Mud" Jaszewski, 99, of Winona, died June 26, 2003 at Lake Winona Manor.
Modesta Cierzan was born Jan. 16, 1904, in Winona, the daughter of Frank L. and Mary (Zabrowski) Cierzan. She grew up in Winona and graduated from St. Stanislaus School in 1924. She married Sigmund Jaszewski in Winona. They lived in Winona until 1956 and then in St. Louis Park, Minn. Mrs. Jaszewski was a homemaker and had been a seamstress at Bailey's in Winona and worked in clothing sales at Braun's in St. Louis Park. Her husband died April 10, 1981. She returned to Winona in 1995 and lived at the Alterra assisted-living home before entering Lake Winona Manor in November 2002. Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette (Harlan) Wilson of Las Vegas; a son, Frank of Preston; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 2, 2003 at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Winona, with the Rev. Daniel R. Dernek officiating. Burial was in St. Mary's Cemetery in Winona.