"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:18:20, Aug 4th 2015 - A Parent - What about the 4 kids that have fallen on the icy road already on the way ... [Read More]
- 5:27:13, Aug 4th 2015 - - Yup. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. and why pick Preston, why not ... [Read More]
- 7:36:35, Aug 3rd 2015 - Aspy - Talk about a council full of dumba**es! ... [Read More]
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Modesta "Mud" Jaszewski, 99, of Winona, died June 26, 2003 at Lake Winona Manor.
Modesta Cierzan was born Jan. 16, 1904, in Winona, the daughter of Frank L. and Mary (Zabrowski) Cierzan. She grew up in Winona and graduated from St. Stanislaus School in 1924. She married Sigmund Jaszewski in Winona. They lived in Winona until 1956 and then in St. Louis Park, Minn. Mrs. Jaszewski was a homemaker and had been a seamstress at Bailey's in Winona and worked in clothing sales at Braun's in St. Louis Park. Her husband died April 10, 1981. She returned to Winona in 1995 and lived at the Alterra assisted-living home before entering Lake Winona Manor in November 2002. Survivors include a daughter, Jeanette (Harlan) Wilson of Las Vegas; a son, Frank of Preston; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 2, 2003 at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in Winona, with the Rev. Daniel R. Dernek officiating. Burial was in St. Mary's Cemetery in Winona.