"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
- 3:43:26, Sep 6th 2014 - CBJapan - The article endorses my view here in Japan. My thought; http://conserva ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cecelia Laura Bennett, 94, of Preston, a retired business owner, died June 30, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 2001.
Cecelia was born May 10, 1909, in Mount Horeb, Wis., the daughter of John and Addie (Sessing) Zimmerman. She grew up in the Madison, Wis., area. On Nov. 14, 1933, she married Gloy L. Bennett. They lived in St. Paul until 1944 and then in Lanesboro, where they owned a Coast-to-Coast store and later Bennett's Dress Shop and Shoe Repair until their retirement in 1974. Her husband died March 9, 1975. Mrs. Bennett moved to Preston in 1976. She was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and a former member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Lanesboro, the Lanesboro VFW Auxiliary and Lanesboro Businessmen's Association. Survivors include two stepsons, Enoch (Gail) Bennett of California and Howard Bennett of Mankato; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Elmer Zimmerman of Fort Atkinson, Wis.; and a sister, Edna Zimmerman of Madison. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and a great-great-grandson. A funeral Mass was held July 3, 2003 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery in Lanesboro. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.