"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cecelia Laura Bennett, 94, of Preston, a retired business owner, died June 30, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 2001.
Cecelia was born May 10, 1909, in Mount Horeb, Wis., the daughter of John and Addie (Sessing) Zimmerman. She grew up in the Madison, Wis., area. On Nov. 14, 1933, she married Gloy L. Bennett. They lived in St. Paul until 1944 and then in Lanesboro, where they owned a Coast-to-Coast store and later Bennett's Dress Shop and Shoe Repair until their retirement in 1974. Her husband died March 9, 1975. Mrs. Bennett moved to Preston in 1976. She was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and a former member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Lanesboro, the Lanesboro VFW Auxiliary and Lanesboro Businessmen's Association. Survivors include two stepsons, Enoch (Gail) Bennett of California and Howard Bennett of Mankato; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Elmer Zimmerman of Fort Atkinson, Wis.; and a sister, Edna Zimmerman of Madison. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and a great-great-grandson. A funeral Mass was held July 3, 2003 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery in Lanesboro. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.