"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cecelia Laura Bennett, 94, of Preston, a retired business owner, died June 30, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 2001.
Cecelia was born May 10, 1909, in Mount Horeb, Wis., the daughter of John and Addie (Sessing) Zimmerman. She grew up in the Madison, Wis., area. On Nov. 14, 1933, she married Gloy L. Bennett. They lived in St. Paul until 1944 and then in Lanesboro, where they owned a Coast-to-Coast store and later Bennett's Dress Shop and Shoe Repair until their retirement in 1974. Her husband died March 9, 1975. Mrs. Bennett moved to Preston in 1976. She was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and a former member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Lanesboro, the Lanesboro VFW Auxiliary and Lanesboro Businessmen's Association. Survivors include two stepsons, Enoch (Gail) Bennett of California and Howard Bennett of Mankato; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Elmer Zimmerman of Fort Atkinson, Wis.; and a sister, Edna Zimmerman of Madison. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and a great-great-grandson. A funeral Mass was held July 3, 2003 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery in Lanesboro. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.