"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cecelia Laura Bennett, 94, of Preston, a retired business owner, died June 30, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 2001.
Cecelia was born May 10, 1909, in Mount Horeb, Wis., the daughter of John and Addie (Sessing) Zimmerman. She grew up in the Madison, Wis., area. On Nov. 14, 1933, she married Gloy L. Bennett. They lived in St. Paul until 1944 and then in Lanesboro, where they owned a Coast-to-Coast store and later Bennett's Dress Shop and Shoe Repair until their retirement in 1974. Her husband died March 9, 1975. Mrs. Bennett moved to Preston in 1976. She was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and a former member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Lanesboro, the Lanesboro VFW Auxiliary and Lanesboro Businessmen's Association. Survivors include two stepsons, Enoch (Gail) Bennett of California and Howard Bennett of Mankato; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Elmer Zimmerman of Fort Atkinson, Wis.; and a sister, Edna Zimmerman of Madison. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and a great-great-grandson. A funeral Mass was held July 3, 2003 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery in Lanesboro. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.