"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Thu, Jul 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cecelia Laura Bennett, 94, of Preston, a retired business owner, died June 30, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 2001.
Cecelia was born May 10, 1909, in Mount Horeb, Wis., the daughter of John and Addie (Sessing) Zimmerman. She grew up in the Madison, Wis., area. On Nov. 14, 1933, she married Gloy L. Bennett. They lived in St. Paul until 1944 and then in Lanesboro, where they owned a Coast-to-Coast store and later Bennett's Dress Shop and Shoe Repair until their retirement in 1974. Her husband died March 9, 1975. Mrs. Bennett moved to Preston in 1976. She was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and a former member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Lanesboro, the Lanesboro VFW Auxiliary and Lanesboro Businessmen's Association. Survivors include two stepsons, Enoch (Gail) Bennett of California and Howard Bennett of Mankato; 14 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; 22 great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Elmer Zimmerman of Fort Atkinson, Wis.; and a sister, Edna Zimmerman of Madison. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and a great-great-grandson. A funeral Mass was held July 3, 2003 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery in Lanesboro. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.