"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Jul 11th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elva C. Hundorf, 97, of Rushford, died July 4, 2003, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Elva was born on October 15, 1905, at Vinegar Hill, East of Rushford to Gullick and Olena (Laugen) Halverson. She was raised in the Rushford area and attended Rushford High School. She married Adolph Evenson, they were later divorced. Elva married Ralph Hundorf on December 22, 1951, Ralph died in 1996. Elva was a waitress all of her career at several Rushford restaurants, retiring in 1979. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the Rushford Legion Auxiliary. Elva enjoyed knitting, crocheting, quilting, music, and dancing. It is appropriate that Elva’s death occurred on the Fourth of July, because she was a true firecracker. Elva is survived by one son: Robert (Helen) Evenson of Rushford; two daughters: Mavis Littlejohn of LaCrosse, Wis. and Karen (Louie) Laganier of Grey Eagle, Minn.; 13 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren and 14 great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, and five sisters. The funeral service was held July 8, 2003 at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home Chapel in Rushford with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Oak Grove City Cemetery in Rushford. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.