"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:02:04, Sep 4th 2015 - sack attack - LOL ... [Read More]
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 11th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome S. Halvorson Sr, 61, of Lanesboro, a longtime Fillmore County Highway Department employee, died July 4, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 19, 1942, in Rushford and graduated from Stevenson's Auto and Electric Trade School in Kansas City, Mo., in 1964. On Oct. 17, 1964, he married Jean Peterson at Whalan Lutheran Church. Before moving to Lanesboro 30 years ago, he lived in Rushford, Whalan and Winona. Mr. Halvorson worked for the highway department for 22 years. He was a founding member of the Lanesboro Alcoholics Anonymous and was active in the group for 25 years He enjoyed fishing and restoring old tractors. Survivors include his wife; a son, Jerome Jr. (Kimberly) of Lanesboro; a granddaughter; two brothers, Leonard of St. Charles and Johnny of Whalan; and a sister, Maureen (Dennis) Ginter of Isanti, Minn. The funeral was held July 8, 2003 at the Lutheran Church in Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.