"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Kenneth Livingood, 72, of rural Fountain, a retired farmer, died of cancer July 15, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Postville, Iowa, the son of Kenneth and Mildred (Johnson) Livingood. After the fifth grade, he lived with his grandparents in Amherst, Minn., where he continued school. From 1951 to 1955, he served in the Navy. Mr. Livingood farmed most of his life and also worked at Gehling Implement in Preston. He married Betty Raaen, and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Preston VFW and American Legion. Survivors include three sons, Kenneth (Tracy) of Brentwood, Tenn., Gary of Wykoff and Alan of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four sisters, Donna Geerdes of Rochester, June Livingood of Sonoma, Calif., Mavis (Carleton) Vine of St. Cloud, Fla., and Mary Virgilito of Red Wing; three brothers, Milton (Marlys) of Rochester, Paul (Jan) of Ripon, Wis., and Garland of Waterville, Minn.; and special friend, Rose Christopher. He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, a brother and two sisters. A memorial service was held July 19, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with Chaplain Theresa Turnbull officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be later in Newburg Methodist Cemetery in rural Mabel.