"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Kenneth Livingood, 72, of rural Fountain, a retired farmer, died of cancer July 15, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Postville, Iowa, the son of Kenneth and Mildred (Johnson) Livingood. After the fifth grade, he lived with his grandparents in Amherst, Minn., where he continued school. From 1951 to 1955, he served in the Navy. Mr. Livingood farmed most of his life and also worked at Gehling Implement in Preston. He married Betty Raaen, and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Preston VFW and American Legion. Survivors include three sons, Kenneth (Tracy) of Brentwood, Tenn., Gary of Wykoff and Alan of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four sisters, Donna Geerdes of Rochester, June Livingood of Sonoma, Calif., Mavis (Carleton) Vine of St. Cloud, Fla., and Mary Virgilito of Red Wing; three brothers, Milton (Marlys) of Rochester, Paul (Jan) of Ripon, Wis., and Garland of Waterville, Minn.; and special friend, Rose Christopher. He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, a brother and two sisters. A memorial service was held July 19, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with Chaplain Theresa Turnbull officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be later in Newburg Methodist Cemetery in rural Mabel.