"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Kenneth Livingood, 72, of rural Fountain, a retired farmer, died of cancer July 15, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Postville, Iowa, the son of Kenneth and Mildred (Johnson) Livingood. After the fifth grade, he lived with his grandparents in Amherst, Minn., where he continued school. From 1951 to 1955, he served in the Navy. Mr. Livingood farmed most of his life and also worked at Gehling Implement in Preston. He married Betty Raaen, and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Preston VFW and American Legion. Survivors include three sons, Kenneth (Tracy) of Brentwood, Tenn., Gary of Wykoff and Alan of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four sisters, Donna Geerdes of Rochester, June Livingood of Sonoma, Calif., Mavis (Carleton) Vine of St. Cloud, Fla., and Mary Virgilito of Red Wing; three brothers, Milton (Marlys) of Rochester, Paul (Jan) of Ripon, Wis., and Garland of Waterville, Minn.; and special friend, Rose Christopher. He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, a brother and two sisters. A memorial service was held July 19, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with Chaplain Theresa Turnbull officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be later in Newburg Methodist Cemetery in rural Mabel.