"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Kenneth Livingood, 72, of rural Fountain, a retired farmer, died of cancer July 15, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Postville, Iowa, the son of Kenneth and Mildred (Johnson) Livingood. After the fifth grade, he lived with his grandparents in Amherst, Minn., where he continued school. From 1951 to 1955, he served in the Navy. Mr. Livingood farmed most of his life and also worked at Gehling Implement in Preston. He married Betty Raaen, and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Preston VFW and American Legion. Survivors include three sons, Kenneth (Tracy) of Brentwood, Tenn., Gary of Wykoff and Alan of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four sisters, Donna Geerdes of Rochester, June Livingood of Sonoma, Calif., Mavis (Carleton) Vine of St. Cloud, Fla., and Mary Virgilito of Red Wing; three brothers, Milton (Marlys) of Rochester, Paul (Jan) of Ripon, Wis., and Garland of Waterville, Minn.; and special friend, Rose Christopher. He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, a brother and two sisters. A memorial service was held July 19, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with Chaplain Theresa Turnbull officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be later in Newburg Methodist Cemetery in rural Mabel.