"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Amy Bakke, 94, of Preston, a retired cafe cook and baker, died July 11, 2003 at Good Samaritan Center in Preston.
Amy Rasmussen was born March 16, 1909, in Harmony. On May 9, 1930, she married Howard Bakke in Lanesboro. They farmed in the Highland area for 21 years before moving to Rushford in 1955. Her husband was a Realtor. He died in 1965. She moved to St. Paul in 1965 and was employed at Midway Hospital until returning to the Lanesboro-Preston area in 1974. She then was a cook and baker for Rushford cafes. Mrs. Bakke was a member of Highland Lutheran Church and its women's group. She enjoyed music, dancing, crossword puzzles and crafts. Survivors include a son, Robert (Brenda) of Lanesboro; two daughters, Mardella (Jack) Lannon of Tulsa, Okla., and Darlene (Orvey) Peterson of Fountain; 12 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, three brothers and six sisters. The funeral was held July 15, 2003 at Highland Lutheran Church in rural Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.