"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:57:23, Dec 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @SV 85, my goodness. What a testy post. Did recent events leave your skiv ... [Read More]
- 1:27:45, Dec 4th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, nope. The American voters already provided our response when we v ... [Read More]
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Amy Bakke, 94, of Preston, a retired cafe cook and baker, died July 11, 2003 at Good Samaritan Center in Preston.
Amy Rasmussen was born March 16, 1909, in Harmony. On May 9, 1930, she married Howard Bakke in Lanesboro. They farmed in the Highland area for 21 years before moving to Rushford in 1955. Her husband was a Realtor. He died in 1965. She moved to St. Paul in 1965 and was employed at Midway Hospital until returning to the Lanesboro-Preston area in 1974. She then was a cook and baker for Rushford cafes. Mrs. Bakke was a member of Highland Lutheran Church and its women's group. She enjoyed music, dancing, crossword puzzles and crafts. Survivors include a son, Robert (Brenda) of Lanesboro; two daughters, Mardella (Jack) Lannon of Tulsa, Okla., and Darlene (Orvey) Peterson of Fountain; 12 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, three brothers and six sisters. The funeral was held July 15, 2003 at Highland Lutheran Church in rural Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.