"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Amy Bakke, 94, of Preston, a retired cafe cook and baker, died July 11, 2003 at Good Samaritan Center in Preston.
Amy Rasmussen was born March 16, 1909, in Harmony. On May 9, 1930, she married Howard Bakke in Lanesboro. They farmed in the Highland area for 21 years before moving to Rushford in 1955. Her husband was a Realtor. He died in 1965. She moved to St. Paul in 1965 and was employed at Midway Hospital until returning to the Lanesboro-Preston area in 1974. She then was a cook and baker for Rushford cafes. Mrs. Bakke was a member of Highland Lutheran Church and its women's group. She enjoyed music, dancing, crossword puzzles and crafts. Survivors include a son, Robert (Brenda) of Lanesboro; two daughters, Mardella (Jack) Lannon of Tulsa, Okla., and Darlene (Orvey) Peterson of Fountain; 12 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, three brothers and six sisters. The funeral was held July 15, 2003 at Highland Lutheran Church in rural Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.