"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Amy Bakke, 94, of Preston, a retired cafe cook and baker, died July 11, 2003 at Good Samaritan Center in Preston.
Amy Rasmussen was born March 16, 1909, in Harmony. On May 9, 1930, she married Howard Bakke in Lanesboro. They farmed in the Highland area for 21 years before moving to Rushford in 1955. Her husband was a Realtor. He died in 1965. She moved to St. Paul in 1965 and was employed at Midway Hospital until returning to the Lanesboro-Preston area in 1974. She then was a cook and baker for Rushford cafes. Mrs. Bakke was a member of Highland Lutheran Church and its women's group. She enjoyed music, dancing, crossword puzzles and crafts. Survivors include a son, Robert (Brenda) of Lanesboro; two daughters, Mardella (Jack) Lannon of Tulsa, Okla., and Darlene (Orvey) Peterson of Fountain; 12 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, three brothers and six sisters. The funeral was held July 15, 2003 at Highland Lutheran Church in rural Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.