"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 18th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
The following is a summary of the July 15th council meeting.
Charles Janski, Bonestroo, Rosene, Anderlik & Associates, met with the council and gave an update on the project. Following a telescopic inspection of more than 7,600 feet of the outfall sewer line, it was determined that 585 feet of the line had heavy amounts of tree roots working into the 10 inch diameter pipe’s joints near manhole #23. Rather than clean and repair this section, the council elected to replace the damaged footage. Though more costly initially, it will be more cost effective in the long run. The dollar amount stands at $40,000. A second repair project focuses on four locations where a significant amount of pipe fractures and open joints need to be addressed. Replacing approximately 109 feet of line will cost $21,000. The per footage cost is higher due to having equipment being set up at four separate locations. The three stages/specs of the overall project-the outfall line, lift stations, and the treatment plant- are close to being finalized. The board will hold a special meeting to approve final numbers and meet the August 15th deadline. The plans must be sent to the MPCA for sign off before the Public Finance Authority will approve financing. Community Center Roof A special meeting held June 17 centered on the bids for the roof repair. There was a lengthy discussion on the large gap between the engineer’s estimated cost and the actual bids. Low bidder, Cresco Building Service’s base bid came in at $197,138 and its alternate bid in at $230,025. The council approved the alternate bid with the roof having a higher pitch. The council approved changing the required financing amount with USDA from $175,000 to $250,000. The color "Colonial Red" was decided on at the July meeting. Other business •There was a brief discussion on the need to beef up the enforcement of city ordinance 138—the licensing and regulating of keeping animals and penalties for violations. The city is taking violations very seriously, especially the nuisance of barking dogs. •Councilwoman Sherry Hines reported the property taxes for city-owned Heritage Grove have been cut by 50 %. The efforts to investigate the taxed amount and apply for a tax reduction consideration proved very fruitful. •Vicky Tribon requested input on the possibility of expanding the bike trail to Canton. She is to report back to the council when she receives more information from the DNR regarding such issues as going around Harmony rather than through the city, and painted lanes on the road’s shoulder to accommodate bikers. •Approved the spreading of new gravel in the alley behind the parking area of Scrabeck Construction. •TH 139 is now open. There are a few miscellaneous items to be worked out and it is believed the project will be completed in a couple of weeks.