"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:55:04, Jul 27th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "Where are you getting this stuff?" Where I told you before----" ... [Read More]
- 12:58:29, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- meant to type Carol Mosby in my last post. ... [Read More]
- 10:35:15, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- Mr. Trump never uttered the "all" when talking about any ethn ... [Read More]
- 8:39:21, Jul 27th 2016 - Middle Man - Trump leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully if elected he surrounds hims ... [Read More]
- 7:13:53, Jul 27th 2016 - Aunt Barb - I am so proud of you, Michael, working to make this world a more peaceful ... [Read More]
- 12:36:54, Jul 27th 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Where are you getting this stuff? One server for classified info a ... [Read More]
- 6:36:59, Jul 26th 2016 - What the ???? - @sv85 Where is this fact vs opinion stuff come from? Left luvr is mak ... [Read More]
- 2:34:51, Jul 26th 2016 - LOLZ - I think someone needs a dictionary or possibly his ears cleaned. 1) Misogyn ... [Read More]
- 1:46:43, Jul 26th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "I don't like Hillary because she is incompetent, that is a fact, ... [Read More]
- 9:27:19, Jul 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- you could not show one example of a bigot, racist, or misogyni ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.