"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.