"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, November 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.