"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
- 1:58:52, Dec 8th 2014 - FountainFarmer - WoW! You're just commenting on an article that was posted back in Ju ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.