"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
- 6:43:45, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - Christan was one of the kids who was caught smoking pot by the school, along ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.