"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.