"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.