"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:17:49, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ sv85- Wassermann gets fired and where dies the little turd, oops I ... [Read More]
- 3:35:40, Jul 25th 2016 - SV85 - I don't know why I waste my time writing posts to right wingers who have only ... [Read More]
- 1:38:43, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ vikefan1 and the rest of you libs- this is too funny. if you want h ... [Read More]
- 1:29:16, Jul 25th 2016 - Oh man - @Stan, thanks for your perspective. I think most people are clueless as to h ... [Read More]
- 12:40:21, Jul 25th 2016 - former left winger - And now we find out the DNC did everything in their power to ge ... [Read More]
- 10:55:11, Jul 24th 2016 - oof dah - Here we go again in Peterson, don't they know any better! It looks like s ... [Read More]
- 9:14:30, Jul 23rd 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 This discussion was never about my bias, it was about yours, which ... [Read More]
- 1:23:08, Jul 23rd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - Hillary nearly committed or actually did commit treason. I've had ... [Read More]
- 9:45:34, Jul 22nd 2016 - left luvr - You seem to be missing the point of this discussion, you are not as unbia ... [Read More]
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gertrude Mary Smith, 92, a retired technical writer, died Jan. 6, 2003, in Sunnyvale, Calif., where she had lived since 1964.
Gertrude M. Tuohy was born Oct. 6, 1910, in rural Chatfield. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1928 and St. Teresa's college in Winona in 1932. On April 19, 1934, she married Earl J. Smith in Minneapolis. He was a printer who learned the trade at the Chatfield News in the late 1920s. Prior to his death in 1988, he worked for the Chicago Tribune and Palo Alto Times in California. She worked in the advertising field in Chicago and as a technical writer for Petersen Engineering in California before retiring in 1975. Surviving are nieces and nephews. She also was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters. A funeral Mass was held July 22, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield. Her body was cremated and will be buried with her parents in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield following the service.