"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Earl Jacob Miller, 91, of Spring Valley, a former light-plant employee, died July 21, 2003 at Grand Meadow Health Care Center.
He was born Sept. 11, 1911, and graduated from Spring Valley High School. On Sept. 30, 1940, he married Harriet I. Howe at the Congregational Church. Mr. Miller worked for Reed-Murdock until 1960 and then at the Spring Valley Light Plant until the mid-1980s. He enjoyed fishing, carpentry and working on the church. Survivors include his wife, of Grand Meadow; two daughters, Marilyn (James) Olson of Grand Meadow and Linda (Bradley) Banitt of Zumbrota; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 25, 2003 at First Baptist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Joe Haynes officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery.