"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Earl Jacob Miller, 91, of Spring Valley, a former light-plant employee, died July 21, 2003 at Grand Meadow Health Care Center.
He was born Sept. 11, 1911, and graduated from Spring Valley High School. On Sept. 30, 1940, he married Harriet I. Howe at the Congregational Church. Mr. Miller worked for Reed-Murdock until 1960 and then at the Spring Valley Light Plant until the mid-1980s. He enjoyed fishing, carpentry and working on the church. Survivors include his wife, of Grand Meadow; two daughters, Marilyn (James) Olson of Grand Meadow and Linda (Bradley) Banitt of Zumbrota; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 25, 2003 at First Baptist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Joe Haynes officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery.