"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
- 2:59:13, May 17th 2016 - Andy OConnor - @SV Resident...I think you nailed the crux of the situation in a coupl ... [Read More]
- 2:16:26, May 17th 2016 - Corrupt - Amazes me what Wykoff continues to do. Guess who just got hired by the Cit ... [Read More]
- 11:34:56, May 16th 2016 - Paul Little - Derek, Refugees should be vetted properly, the process should take as ... [Read More]
- 9:59:45, May 14th 2016 - LOLZ - I didn't realize they had them hookworms in these parts. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Adeline Cowen, 84, of Venice, Calif., formerly of Lanesboro, died July 9, 2003, at her home.
She was born Feb. 23, 1919, in Lanesboro, graduated from Winona State Teachers College and from 1938 to 1952 taught in Benson, Minn., Kenyon, Mazeppa and Austin elementary schools. After moving to California in 1952, she worked for Howard Hughes Corp. in Los Angeles. From 1965 until her retirement in 1984, she was employed by TRW Corp. in Redondo Beach, Calif., and assisted in the engineering and design of the first Voyager spacecraft. Survivors include a brother, George of Delano, Minn.; and her caregiver, niece Kate O'Neary. A sister and two brothers preceded her in death. A graveside service was held July 26 in Lutheran Cemetery in Lanesboro.