"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Adeline Cowen, 84, of Venice, Calif., formerly of Lanesboro, died July 9, 2003, at her home.
She was born Feb. 23, 1919, in Lanesboro, graduated from Winona State Teachers College and from 1938 to 1952 taught in Benson, Minn., Kenyon, Mazeppa and Austin elementary schools. After moving to California in 1952, she worked for Howard Hughes Corp. in Los Angeles. From 1965 until her retirement in 1984, she was employed by TRW Corp. in Redondo Beach, Calif., and assisted in the engineering and design of the first Voyager spacecraft. Survivors include a brother, George of Delano, Minn.; and her caregiver, niece Kate O'Neary. A sister and two brothers preceded her in death. A graveside service was held July 26 in Lutheran Cemetery in Lanesboro.