"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Adeline Cowen, 84, of Venice, Calif., formerly of Lanesboro, died July 9, 2003, at her home.
She was born Feb. 23, 1919, in Lanesboro, graduated from Winona State Teachers College and from 1938 to 1952 taught in Benson, Minn., Kenyon, Mazeppa and Austin elementary schools. After moving to California in 1952, she worked for Howard Hughes Corp. in Los Angeles. From 1965 until her retirement in 1984, she was employed by TRW Corp. in Redondo Beach, Calif., and assisted in the engineering and design of the first Voyager spacecraft. Survivors include a brother, George of Delano, Minn.; and her caregiver, niece Kate O'Neary. A sister and two brothers preceded her in death. A graveside service was held July 26 in Lutheran Cemetery in Lanesboro.