"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Merle Eldor Bothun, 80, of Chatfield, died July 20, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived six months.
Born Aug. 12, 1922, in Fillmore County, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1940 and served in the Army Air Forces during World War II. He was a tail gunner on B-17s over Europe and received a medal from the French government for his missions over Normandy. Mr. Bothun worked at Postier & Eggers in Rochester for 15 years, was a substitute mail carrier in Chatfield, was an auto mechanic and did fencing. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two brothers, Elroy (Doris) of Babbitt, Minn., and Dale (Leila) of Mazeppa; and two sisters, Avis (Norman) Skrukrud and Shirley (Orvis) Johnson, both of Chatfield. Two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 23, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.