"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:12:35, Dec 29th 2014 - smjb - Kudos to Tony Lammers, the Chatfield city crew and City of Chatfield from bri ... [Read More]
- 2:54:03, Dec 29th 2014 - lol - That would be me fountain farmer. Not too long ago in the journal.... Yes the j ... [Read More]
- 4:35:14, Dec 28th 2014 - smjb - Our U.S. policies, politics and president are being directed and influenced wa ... [Read More]
- 7:15:19, Dec 28th 2014 - country girl - Right on! ... [Read More]
- 5:30:05, Dec 28th 2014 - not happy - Nope ... [Read More]
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Merle Eldor Bothun, 80, of Chatfield, died July 20, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived six months.
Born Aug. 12, 1922, in Fillmore County, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1940 and served in the Army Air Forces during World War II. He was a tail gunner on B-17s over Europe and received a medal from the French government for his missions over Normandy. Mr. Bothun worked at Postier & Eggers in Rochester for 15 years, was a substitute mail carrier in Chatfield, was an auto mechanic and did fencing. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two brothers, Elroy (Doris) of Babbitt, Minn., and Dale (Leila) of Mazeppa; and two sisters, Avis (Norman) Skrukrud and Shirley (Orvis) Johnson, both of Chatfield. Two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 23, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.