"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Merle Eldor Bothun, 80, of Chatfield, died July 20, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived six months.
Born Aug. 12, 1922, in Fillmore County, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1940 and served in the Army Air Forces during World War II. He was a tail gunner on B-17s over Europe and received a medal from the French government for his missions over Normandy. Mr. Bothun worked at Postier & Eggers in Rochester for 15 years, was a substitute mail carrier in Chatfield, was an auto mechanic and did fencing. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two brothers, Elroy (Doris) of Babbitt, Minn., and Dale (Leila) of Mazeppa; and two sisters, Avis (Norman) Skrukrud and Shirley (Orvis) Johnson, both of Chatfield. Two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 23, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.