"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Merle Eldor Bothun, 80, of Chatfield, died July 20, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived six months.
Born Aug. 12, 1922, in Fillmore County, he graduated from Chatfield High School in 1940 and served in the Army Air Forces during World War II. He was a tail gunner on B-17s over Europe and received a medal from the French government for his missions over Normandy. Mr. Bothun worked at Postier & Eggers in Rochester for 15 years, was a substitute mail carrier in Chatfield, was an auto mechanic and did fencing. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two brothers, Elroy (Doris) of Babbitt, Minn., and Dale (Leila) of Mazeppa; and two sisters, Avis (Norman) Skrukrud and Shirley (Orvis) Johnson, both of Chatfield. Two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was held July 23, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.