"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alice Swenson, 79, formerly of Granger, and of Chester and Lime Springs, Iowa, died July 17, 2003 at Stewartville Care Center, where she had lived since March 2002.
Alice May Smith was born Oct. 14, 1923, in rural Howard County, Iowa. She lived near Granger most of her life and later lived in Lime Springs and Chester before entering the care center. Survivors include two sons, William Bellows of Elkhorn, Wis., and Bruce Swenson of Lime Springs; a daughter, Sheila Swenson-Patzner of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. A graveside memorial service was held July 22, 2003 in Albion Township Cemetery near Granger. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.