"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alice Swenson, 79, formerly of Granger, and of Chester and Lime Springs, Iowa, died July 17, 2003 at Stewartville Care Center, where she had lived since March 2002.
Alice May Smith was born Oct. 14, 1923, in rural Howard County, Iowa. She lived near Granger most of her life and later lived in Lime Springs and Chester before entering the care center. Survivors include two sons, William Bellows of Elkhorn, Wis., and Bruce Swenson of Lime Springs; a daughter, Sheila Swenson-Patzner of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. A graveside memorial service was held July 22, 2003 in Albion Township Cemetery near Granger. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.