"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alice Swenson, 79, formerly of Granger, and of Chester and Lime Springs, Iowa, died July 17, 2003 at Stewartville Care Center, where she had lived since March 2002.
Alice May Smith was born Oct. 14, 1923, in rural Howard County, Iowa. She lived near Granger most of her life and later lived in Lime Springs and Chester before entering the care center. Survivors include two sons, William Bellows of Elkhorn, Wis., and Bruce Swenson of Lime Springs; a daughter, Sheila Swenson-Patzner of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. A graveside memorial service was held July 22, 2003 in Albion Township Cemetery near Granger. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.