"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gladys Tibbals, 95, of Lime Springs, died July 20, 2003, at Community Rest Home in Riceville, Iowa.
Gladys Emma Catherine Ihns was born Aug. 4, 1907, in Massillon, Iowa, attended a country school through the eighth grade and as a child attended German Lutheran Church in Lowden, Iowa. She lived near Riceville for a few years before moving to Lime Springs, where she lived most of her life. In 1927, she married Harry Alvin Tibbals. Survivors include two daughters, Wilma (Merton) Westphal of Decorah, Iowa, and Eleanor Knode of LeRoy; a son, Roy (Marcella) of Lime Springs; 11 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren, stepgreat-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren and stepgreat-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, five brothers and two sisters. The funeral was July 23, 2003 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Lime Springs, with Blaine MacNeil officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Lime Springs was in charge of arrangements.