"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gladys Tibbals, 95, of Lime Springs, died July 20, 2003, at Community Rest Home in Riceville, Iowa.
Gladys Emma Catherine Ihns was born Aug. 4, 1907, in Massillon, Iowa, attended a country school through the eighth grade and as a child attended German Lutheran Church in Lowden, Iowa. She lived near Riceville for a few years before moving to Lime Springs, where she lived most of her life. In 1927, she married Harry Alvin Tibbals. Survivors include two daughters, Wilma (Merton) Westphal of Decorah, Iowa, and Eleanor Knode of LeRoy; a son, Roy (Marcella) of Lime Springs; 11 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren, stepgreat-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren and stepgreat-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, five brothers and two sisters. The funeral was July 23, 2003 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Lime Springs, with Blaine MacNeil officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Lime Springs was in charge of arrangements.