"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gladys Tibbals, 95, of Lime Springs, died July 20, 2003, at Community Rest Home in Riceville, Iowa.
Gladys Emma Catherine Ihns was born Aug. 4, 1907, in Massillon, Iowa, attended a country school through the eighth grade and as a child attended German Lutheran Church in Lowden, Iowa. She lived near Riceville for a few years before moving to Lime Springs, where she lived most of her life. In 1927, she married Harry Alvin Tibbals. Survivors include two daughters, Wilma (Merton) Westphal of Decorah, Iowa, and Eleanor Knode of LeRoy; a son, Roy (Marcella) of Lime Springs; 11 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren, stepgreat-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren and stepgreat-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, five brothers and two sisters. The funeral was July 23, 2003 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Lime Springs, with Blaine MacNeil officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Lime Springs was in charge of arrangements.