"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, June 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
- 2:31:21, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Re: Palacek. He can not develop without a public road. His easement is ... [Read More]
- 1:15:13, Jun 22nd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - An old building that can be replaced at 50 cents on the dollar? Su ... [Read More]
- 7:28:50, Jun 22nd 2016 - doc - The GOP's war on education is a continuing success. ... [Read More]
- 7:26:23, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - You're not a very intelligent grandparent. Nobody needed to go to those meetin ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Peterson, 85, of Decorah, Iowa, died July 25, 2003 at the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Esther was born April 1, 1918 in Goldfield, Iowa to Harry and Fern (Straight) Hanson. She was baptized and confirmed at the First Presbyterian Church in Monmouth, Illinois. She graduated from the Monmouth High School and then the Burlington Business College in Burlington, Iowa. She worked for Brown, Lynch, and Scott, and Banker's Life in Monmouth. On October 9, 1944 she married Myron Peterson in Monmouth. The couple operated the Peterson Store in Highlandville, rural Decorah, Iowa for 46 years before retiring in 1995. Myron passed away August 15, 1986. She was a resident at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel before moving to the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa. Esther was a member of the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, Minnesota and the American Legion Post 299 Auxiliary, and enjoyed gardening and visiting. Esther is survived by a son Greg (Judy) Peterson of Bangor, Wisconsin; a daughter Mary (Sverre) Dahl of Mabel; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and a sister Katie Cross of Galesburg, Illinois. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; and two sisters. Funeral services were July 29, 2003 at the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove with the Rev. David Andreae officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.