"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Peterson, 85, of Decorah, Iowa, died July 25, 2003 at the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Esther was born April 1, 1918 in Goldfield, Iowa to Harry and Fern (Straight) Hanson. She was baptized and confirmed at the First Presbyterian Church in Monmouth, Illinois. She graduated from the Monmouth High School and then the Burlington Business College in Burlington, Iowa. She worked for Brown, Lynch, and Scott, and Banker's Life in Monmouth. On October 9, 1944 she married Myron Peterson in Monmouth. The couple operated the Peterson Store in Highlandville, rural Decorah, Iowa for 46 years before retiring in 1995. Myron passed away August 15, 1986. She was a resident at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel before moving to the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa. Esther was a member of the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, Minnesota and the American Legion Post 299 Auxiliary, and enjoyed gardening and visiting. Esther is survived by a son Greg (Judy) Peterson of Bangor, Wisconsin; a daughter Mary (Sverre) Dahl of Mabel; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and a sister Katie Cross of Galesburg, Illinois. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; and two sisters. Funeral services were July 29, 2003 at the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove with the Rev. David Andreae officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.