"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
- 1:58:52, Dec 8th 2014 - FountainFarmer - WoW! You're just commenting on an article that was posted back in Ju ... [Read More]
- 10:19:54, Dec 6th 2014 - WoW! - Sadly The Only Ones That Are Misinformed About Kaase are The Citizens of Fillm ... [Read More]
- 2:56:47, Dec 5th 2014 - annonymous - You should probably do some homework when printing articles like this. W ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Peterson, 85, of Decorah, Iowa, died July 25, 2003 at the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Esther was born April 1, 1918 in Goldfield, Iowa to Harry and Fern (Straight) Hanson. She was baptized and confirmed at the First Presbyterian Church in Monmouth, Illinois. She graduated from the Monmouth High School and then the Burlington Business College in Burlington, Iowa. She worked for Brown, Lynch, and Scott, and Banker's Life in Monmouth. On October 9, 1944 she married Myron Peterson in Monmouth. The couple operated the Peterson Store in Highlandville, rural Decorah, Iowa for 46 years before retiring in 1995. Myron passed away August 15, 1986. She was a resident at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel before moving to the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa. Esther was a member of the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, Minnesota and the American Legion Post 299 Auxiliary, and enjoyed gardening and visiting. Esther is survived by a son Greg (Judy) Peterson of Bangor, Wisconsin; a daughter Mary (Sverre) Dahl of Mabel; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and a sister Katie Cross of Galesburg, Illinois. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; and two sisters. Funeral services were July 29, 2003 at the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove with the Rev. David Andreae officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.