"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Peterson, 85, of Decorah, Iowa, died July 25, 2003 at the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Esther was born April 1, 1918 in Goldfield, Iowa to Harry and Fern (Straight) Hanson. She was baptized and confirmed at the First Presbyterian Church in Monmouth, Illinois. She graduated from the Monmouth High School and then the Burlington Business College in Burlington, Iowa. She worked for Brown, Lynch, and Scott, and Banker's Life in Monmouth. On October 9, 1944 she married Myron Peterson in Monmouth. The couple operated the Peterson Store in Highlandville, rural Decorah, Iowa for 46 years before retiring in 1995. Myron passed away August 15, 1986. She was a resident at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel before moving to the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa. Esther was a member of the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, Minnesota and the American Legion Post 299 Auxiliary, and enjoyed gardening and visiting. Esther is survived by a son Greg (Judy) Peterson of Bangor, Wisconsin; a daughter Mary (Sverre) Dahl of Mabel; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and a sister Katie Cross of Galesburg, Illinois. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; and two sisters. Funeral services were July 29, 2003 at the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove with the Rev. David Andreae officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.