"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Peterson, 85, of Decorah, Iowa, died July 25, 2003 at the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa.
Esther was born April 1, 1918 in Goldfield, Iowa to Harry and Fern (Straight) Hanson. She was baptized and confirmed at the First Presbyterian Church in Monmouth, Illinois. She graduated from the Monmouth High School and then the Burlington Business College in Burlington, Iowa. She worked for Brown, Lynch, and Scott, and Banker's Life in Monmouth. On October 9, 1944 she married Myron Peterson in Monmouth. The couple operated the Peterson Store in Highlandville, rural Decorah, Iowa for 46 years before retiring in 1995. Myron passed away August 15, 1986. She was a resident at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel before moving to the Barthell Eastern Star Nursing Home in Decorah, Iowa. Esther was a member of the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, Minnesota and the American Legion Post 299 Auxiliary, and enjoyed gardening and visiting. Esther is survived by a son Greg (Judy) Peterson of Bangor, Wisconsin; a daughter Mary (Sverre) Dahl of Mabel; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and a sister Katie Cross of Galesburg, Illinois. She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; and two sisters. Funeral services were July 29, 2003 at the Highland Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove with the Rev. David Andreae officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.