"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary "Joan" Kirkland, 67, of Chatfield, a former nurse anesthetist, died of complications of multiple sclerosis July 26, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Mary Joan Tuohy was born June 15, 1936, in Rochester and after graduating from Chatfield High School in 1954 moved to Rochester. In 1957, she received her registered nursing degree from Saint Marys School of Nursing in Rochester. In 1959, received her nurse anesthetist degree from St. Mary's School and Hospital in Minneapolis. She lived in Houston Texas, from 1960 until entering Chosen Valley Care Center in 1976. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three brothers, William (Patricia) Tuohy of San Lorenzo, Calif., David (Patricia) Tuohy of Maple Lake, Minn., and Vincent (Leslie) Tuohy of Chatfield; and two sisters, Anne Love of Houston, Texas, and Elizabeth Prater of Gridley, Calif. Two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was July 31, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.