"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:36:11, Jun 2nd 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Trying to see the point of Yvonne's letter. A law was passed regarding fri ... [Read More]
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - email@example.com - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
- 11:04:50, May 31st 2015 - trojan fan - Margaret Carlson, you need to read RP school board chair Linder's respo ... [Read More]
- 10:23:01, May 31st 2015 - fact check - Yes Stan's OPINION is shocking....it is also not factual. I'm certain ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary "Joan" Kirkland, 67, of Chatfield, a former nurse anesthetist, died of complications of multiple sclerosis July 26, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Mary Joan Tuohy was born June 15, 1936, in Rochester and after graduating from Chatfield High School in 1954 moved to Rochester. In 1957, she received her registered nursing degree from Saint Marys School of Nursing in Rochester. In 1959, received her nurse anesthetist degree from St. Mary's School and Hospital in Minneapolis. She lived in Houston Texas, from 1960 until entering Chosen Valley Care Center in 1976. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three brothers, William (Patricia) Tuohy of San Lorenzo, Calif., David (Patricia) Tuohy of Maple Lake, Minn., and Vincent (Leslie) Tuohy of Chatfield; and two sisters, Anne Love of Houston, Texas, and Elizabeth Prater of Gridley, Calif. Two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was July 31, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.