"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary "Joan" Kirkland, 67, of Chatfield, a former nurse anesthetist, died of complications of multiple sclerosis July 26, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Mary Joan Tuohy was born June 15, 1936, in Rochester and after graduating from Chatfield High School in 1954 moved to Rochester. In 1957, she received her registered nursing degree from Saint Marys School of Nursing in Rochester. In 1959, received her nurse anesthetist degree from St. Mary's School and Hospital in Minneapolis. She lived in Houston Texas, from 1960 until entering Chosen Valley Care Center in 1976. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three brothers, William (Patricia) Tuohy of San Lorenzo, Calif., David (Patricia) Tuohy of Maple Lake, Minn., and Vincent (Leslie) Tuohy of Chatfield; and two sisters, Anne Love of Houston, Texas, and Elizabeth Prater of Gridley, Calif. Two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was July 31, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.