"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ethelyn "Ethel" Gossman, 87, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died July 23, 2003 at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, where she had been a patient three days.
Ethelyn Solseth was born July 14, 1916, in Fowler, Colo., and graduated from Mabel High School. On Oct. 30, 1944, she married Clair Gossman in Preston. He died May 24, 2000. She had lived in Chatfield since 1978. She was a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary, had been a 4-H leader and was a member of St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain for many years. Survivors include two daughters, Rosie Rowland of Chatfield and Carole (Richard) Collett of Fountain; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. A son and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral was on July 26, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaneak officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.