"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:02:04, Sep 4th 2015 - sack attack - LOL ... [Read More]
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
On Tuesday, August 5, the Fillmore County Board will consider a proposal to enter into an agreement with the city of Chatfield to hold trial court at Chatfield City Hall beginning the week of August 11. The court needs enough space for a courtroom and jury meeting room. In the meantime, scheduling of jury trials has been on hold.
The courtroom will undergo remodeling as part of the courthouse addition project starting in the next few weeks. Beginning August 4, routine non-jury trials will be held in the Commissioners’ Room on the lower level of the courthouse. To accommodate this plan, the County Board will move their regular board meetings to the the county office building. County Coordinator Karen Brown will also move her office to the county office building to free up space for court usage. In court proceedings on Monday, July 28: •Kevin Paul Kurz, 20, Spring Valley, entered a not guilty plea against felony charges for Theft (aid and abet) and Fraud (credit card) stemming from two purse snatching incidents in Spring Valley on May 30. Kurz, who is represented by Attorney Rick Smith, has asked for a speedy trial. •Jason Duane Sveen, 24, Lanesboro, entered a plea of not guilty to charges of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 5th degree from an incident that was alleged to have taken place on June 27 in Preston. Sveen, who is represented by Fred Suhler, Jr., has asked for a speedy trial. •Susan Smith Grant, 34, of rural Harmony, appeared in court on a Rule 8 hearing. No plea was entered. Grant faces felony Terroristic Threats and Dangerous Weapon charges from a dispute involving a neighbor on June 10. Grant is being represented by Attorney Paul Grinde.