"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:19:55, Jul 7th 2015 - Let's talk - What about the sports down there. Remember what happened to the stewart ... [Read More]
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Aug 1st, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
On Tuesday, August 5, the Fillmore County Board will consider a proposal to enter into an agreement with the city of Chatfield to hold trial court at Chatfield City Hall beginning the week of August 11. The court needs enough space for a courtroom and jury meeting room. In the meantime, scheduling of jury trials has been on hold.
The courtroom will undergo remodeling as part of the courthouse addition project starting in the next few weeks. Beginning August 4, routine non-jury trials will be held in the Commissioners’ Room on the lower level of the courthouse. To accommodate this plan, the County Board will move their regular board meetings to the the county office building. County Coordinator Karen Brown will also move her office to the county office building to free up space for court usage. In court proceedings on Monday, July 28: •Kevin Paul Kurz, 20, Spring Valley, entered a not guilty plea against felony charges for Theft (aid and abet) and Fraud (credit card) stemming from two purse snatching incidents in Spring Valley on May 30. Kurz, who is represented by Attorney Rick Smith, has asked for a speedy trial. •Jason Duane Sveen, 24, Lanesboro, entered a plea of not guilty to charges of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 5th degree from an incident that was alleged to have taken place on June 27 in Preston. Sveen, who is represented by Fred Suhler, Jr., has asked for a speedy trial. •Susan Smith Grant, 34, of rural Harmony, appeared in court on a Rule 8 hearing. No plea was entered. Grant faces felony Terroristic Threats and Dangerous Weapon charges from a dispute involving a neighbor on June 10. Grant is being represented by Attorney Paul Grinde.