"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joseph Albert Follmuth, 71, of rural St. Ansgar, Iowa, a longtime area dairy and grain farmer, died July 31, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born July 24, 1932, in Mitchell County, Iowa, he grew up in the area and graduated from Lyle High School in 1950. From 1953 to 1955, he served in the Army. He was stationed at Fort Sill, Okla., and achieved the rank of sergeant. On June 5, 1955, he married Marlys Johnson at the Lutheran Church in Mona and they farmed in the St. Ansgar area throughout their married lives. Mr. Follmuth was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Lyle, American Legion Post 105 and served on the Pleasant Hill Cemetery Board. He enjoyed playing pool. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Kathie (Dave) Dahl of Lyle, Arlene (Kevin) Myhre and Joy (Doug) Salz, both of St. Ansgar, and Gloria (Dick) Reding of Osage, Iowa; a son, Steve (Corky) of Stacyville, Iowa; 13 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ruth (Floyd) Kaster of Spring Valley. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was August 3 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Lyle, with the Rev. Barbara Finley-Shea officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Mona, Iowa, with military rites by Lyle American Legion Post 105.