"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
- 4:38:18, Feb 24th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, Most Kwik Trips carry a limited selection of beers, hence t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:47, Feb 24th 2015 - FamilyvCompany - During my time fundraising when I was in high school, Kwik Trip had ... [Read More]
- 8:10:14, Feb 23rd 2015 - Precisely - Thank you for saying all of this, well said. ... [Read More]
- 4:22:39, Feb 23rd 2015 - oh wow - You nailed it!!!! ... [Read More]
- 4:13:31, Feb 23rd 2015 - Ryan Stern - Thank you for reminding drivers (and pedestrians) about the importance o ... [Read More]
- 11:47:48, Feb 23rd 2015 - Anonymous - What really strikes me from your "commentary" is how short sited you app ... [Read More]
- 9:52:57, Feb 23rd 2015 - unending - I appreciate how you didnt bash closing "big box" stores and their employe ... [Read More]
- 10:19:04, Feb 20th 2015 - doc - Liquor license for Kwik Trip? LMFAO ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joseph Albert Follmuth, 71, of rural St. Ansgar, Iowa, a longtime area dairy and grain farmer, died July 31, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born July 24, 1932, in Mitchell County, Iowa, he grew up in the area and graduated from Lyle High School in 1950. From 1953 to 1955, he served in the Army. He was stationed at Fort Sill, Okla., and achieved the rank of sergeant. On June 5, 1955, he married Marlys Johnson at the Lutheran Church in Mona and they farmed in the St. Ansgar area throughout their married lives. Mr. Follmuth was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Lyle, American Legion Post 105 and served on the Pleasant Hill Cemetery Board. He enjoyed playing pool. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Kathie (Dave) Dahl of Lyle, Arlene (Kevin) Myhre and Joy (Doug) Salz, both of St. Ansgar, and Gloria (Dick) Reding of Osage, Iowa; a son, Steve (Corky) of Stacyville, Iowa; 13 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ruth (Floyd) Kaster of Spring Valley. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was August 3 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Lyle, with the Rev. Barbara Finley-Shea officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Mona, Iowa, with military rites by Lyle American Legion Post 105.