"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Richard Rostvold, 76, of San Antonio, formerly of Harmony, died August 3, 2003 at a hospice facility in San Antonio.
Born May 4, 1927, in Harmony, he graduated from Harmony High School, received a business administration degree from the University of Minnesota and served in the Navy during World War II. In September 1948 he married Margaret Hanson. Mr. Rostvold worked for The Principle Financial Group of Des Moines, Iowa, from 1956 to 1987 and served as regional group manager in Minneapolis; Houston, Texas; and San Antonio. During retirement, he and his wife spent the summers in Fairmont, Minn. He was a SCORE volunteer, a member of Interlaken Golf Club and Norwegian Club of San Antonio, and enjoyed sports, especially fishing and golf. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Mark (Lynn) of Macon, Ga., and Scott of San Antonio; two daughters, Nancy (Dave) Bishop of Fairmont and Sue (Allan) Little of Austin, Texas; and seven grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a brother, a sister, a foster brother and two foster sisters. The funeral for Richard Rostvold was August 9, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony.