"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dewey Gerald Baker, age 87, of Spring Valley, a retired IBM employee, died August 1, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Dewey Baker was born December 13, 1915, in Fort Dodge, Iowa. On March 16, 1940, he married Josephine Baker at the Wykoff Methodist Church. In his early years he farmed and later worked at IBM until his retirement. He enjoyed mowing the yard, fishing and walking. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Nevin (Judy) of Palm Coast, Fla., and Roger (Cindy) of Rochester; two daughters, Shelley Baker and Frances (Tom) Lawson, both of Spring Valley; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son, two grandsons, two sisters and two brothers. The memorial service was August 6 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. The body was cremated. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.