"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dewey Gerald Baker, age 87, of Spring Valley, a retired IBM employee, died August 1, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Dewey Baker was born December 13, 1915, in Fort Dodge, Iowa. On March 16, 1940, he married Josephine Baker at the Wykoff Methodist Church. In his early years he farmed and later worked at IBM until his retirement. He enjoyed mowing the yard, fishing and walking. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Nevin (Judy) of Palm Coast, Fla., and Roger (Cindy) of Rochester; two daughters, Shelley Baker and Frances (Tom) Lawson, both of Spring Valley; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son, two grandsons, two sisters and two brothers. The memorial service was August 6 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. The body was cremated. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.