"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 8th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dewey Gerald Baker, age 87, of Spring Valley, a retired IBM employee, died August 1, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Dewey Baker was born December 13, 1915, in Fort Dodge, Iowa. On March 16, 1940, he married Josephine Baker at the Wykoff Methodist Church. In his early years he farmed and later worked at IBM until his retirement. He enjoyed mowing the yard, fishing and walking. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Nevin (Judy) of Palm Coast, Fla., and Roger (Cindy) of Rochester; two daughters, Shelley Baker and Frances (Tom) Lawson, both of Spring Valley; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a son, two grandsons, two sisters and two brothers. The memorial service was August 6 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. The body was cremated. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.