"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sister Odile, 88, a Franciscan Sister of the Congregation of Our Lady of Lourdes who served as an educator and parish worker, died August 9, 2003 at Assisi Heights.
Evelyn Gertrude Eischen was born Feb. 14, 1915, in Kellogg and entered the Franciscan Congregation from Holy Trinity Parish in Rollingstone. She made profession of vows in 1935, began her teaching ministry at St. Gabriel Parish in Fulda, Minn., and later taught in other Minnesota schools, including Owatonna, Lake City and Ellsworth. Her later ministry was in religious education, serving in Chatfield, Austin, Hayfield and Byron. From 1974 to 1990 she was parish worker at St. Pius X, where she ministered to the elderly, sick and needy. On March 8, 1990, she received the Rochester Exchange Clubs Book of Golden Deeds Award. She was active on the spiritual directors team for the Cursillo Movement. She retired to Assisi Heights in 1990 and celebrated her diamond jubilee in 1995. She is survived by her Franciscan Community. The funeral Mass was August 12, 2003 in the Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes, Assisi Heights. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery.