"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:43:19, May 5th 2016 - Paul Little - A recent study shows that people who choose to be anonymous are either a ... [Read More]
- 1:56:56, May 5th 2016 - Combat Veteran - Paul: I'm fairly certain I could have a heated debate with your Veter ... [Read More]
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sister Odile, 88, a Franciscan Sister of the Congregation of Our Lady of Lourdes who served as an educator and parish worker, died August 9, 2003 at Assisi Heights.
Evelyn Gertrude Eischen was born Feb. 14, 1915, in Kellogg and entered the Franciscan Congregation from Holy Trinity Parish in Rollingstone. She made profession of vows in 1935, began her teaching ministry at St. Gabriel Parish in Fulda, Minn., and later taught in other Minnesota schools, including Owatonna, Lake City and Ellsworth. Her later ministry was in religious education, serving in Chatfield, Austin, Hayfield and Byron. From 1974 to 1990 she was parish worker at St. Pius X, where she ministered to the elderly, sick and needy. On March 8, 1990, she received the Rochester Exchange Clubs Book of Golden Deeds Award. She was active on the spiritual directors team for the Cursillo Movement. She retired to Assisi Heights in 1990 and celebrated her diamond jubilee in 1995. She is survived by her Franciscan Community. The funeral Mass was August 12, 2003 in the Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes, Assisi Heights. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery.