"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:36:11, Jun 2nd 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Trying to see the point of Yvonne's letter. A law was passed regarding fri ... [Read More]
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
- 11:04:50, May 31st 2015 - trojan fan - Margaret Carlson, you need to read RP school board chair Linder's respo ... [Read More]
- 10:23:01, May 31st 2015 - fact check - Yes Stan's OPINION is shocking....it is also not factual. I'm certain ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sister Odile, 88, a Franciscan Sister of the Congregation of Our Lady of Lourdes who served as an educator and parish worker, died August 9, 2003 at Assisi Heights.
Evelyn Gertrude Eischen was born Feb. 14, 1915, in Kellogg and entered the Franciscan Congregation from Holy Trinity Parish in Rollingstone. She made profession of vows in 1935, began her teaching ministry at St. Gabriel Parish in Fulda, Minn., and later taught in other Minnesota schools, including Owatonna, Lake City and Ellsworth. Her later ministry was in religious education, serving in Chatfield, Austin, Hayfield and Byron. From 1974 to 1990 she was parish worker at St. Pius X, where she ministered to the elderly, sick and needy. On March 8, 1990, she received the Rochester Exchange Clubs Book of Golden Deeds Award. She was active on the spiritual directors team for the Cursillo Movement. She retired to Assisi Heights in 1990 and celebrated her diamond jubilee in 1995. She is survived by her Franciscan Community. The funeral Mass was August 12, 2003 in the Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes, Assisi Heights. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery.