"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sister Odile, 88, a Franciscan Sister of the Congregation of Our Lady of Lourdes who served as an educator and parish worker, died August 9, 2003 at Assisi Heights.
Evelyn Gertrude Eischen was born Feb. 14, 1915, in Kellogg and entered the Franciscan Congregation from Holy Trinity Parish in Rollingstone. She made profession of vows in 1935, began her teaching ministry at St. Gabriel Parish in Fulda, Minn., and later taught in other Minnesota schools, including Owatonna, Lake City and Ellsworth. Her later ministry was in religious education, serving in Chatfield, Austin, Hayfield and Byron. From 1974 to 1990 she was parish worker at St. Pius X, where she ministered to the elderly, sick and needy. On March 8, 1990, she received the Rochester Exchange Clubs Book of Golden Deeds Award. She was active on the spiritual directors team for the Cursillo Movement. She retired to Assisi Heights in 1990 and celebrated her diamond jubilee in 1995. She is survived by her Franciscan Community. The funeral Mass was August 12, 2003 in the Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes, Assisi Heights. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery.