"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernie Houghtelin, 81, a carpenter from Chatfield, died August 10, 2003 under hospice care at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester. He had been there five days.
He was born June 19, 1922, in Pilot Mound. In 1940 he graduated from Chatfield High School. During World War II he served in the Merchant Marines from 1942 to 1944. On Jan. 29, 1945, he married Rosemary Bradt in Rochester. Mrs. Houghtelin died Oct. 21, 1992. Mr. Houghtelin worked in the maintenance department of Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield and for the past five years worked at Valley Design in Fountain. Survivors include two daughters, Brenda (Butch) Isensee of Chatfield and Nancy Houghtelin of Lawndale, N.C.; three grandchildren; and a half-brother, William David of Chatfield. One sister preceded him in death. The memorial service was August 14, 2003 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.