"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - email@example.com - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernie Houghtelin, 81, a carpenter from Chatfield, died August 10, 2003 under hospice care at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester. He had been there five days.
He was born June 19, 1922, in Pilot Mound. In 1940 he graduated from Chatfield High School. During World War II he served in the Merchant Marines from 1942 to 1944. On Jan. 29, 1945, he married Rosemary Bradt in Rochester. Mrs. Houghtelin died Oct. 21, 1992. Mr. Houghtelin worked in the maintenance department of Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield and for the past five years worked at Valley Design in Fountain. Survivors include two daughters, Brenda (Butch) Isensee of Chatfield and Nancy Houghtelin of Lawndale, N.C.; three grandchildren; and a half-brother, William David of Chatfield. One sister preceded him in death. The memorial service was August 14, 2003 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.