"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernie Houghtelin, 81, a carpenter from Chatfield, died August 10, 2003 under hospice care at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester. He had been there five days.
He was born June 19, 1922, in Pilot Mound. In 1940 he graduated from Chatfield High School. During World War II he served in the Merchant Marines from 1942 to 1944. On Jan. 29, 1945, he married Rosemary Bradt in Rochester. Mrs. Houghtelin died Oct. 21, 1992. Mr. Houghtelin worked in the maintenance department of Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield and for the past five years worked at Valley Design in Fountain. Survivors include two daughters, Brenda (Butch) Isensee of Chatfield and Nancy Houghtelin of Lawndale, N.C.; three grandchildren; and a half-brother, William David of Chatfield. One sister preceded him in death. The memorial service was August 14, 2003 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.