"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernie Houghtelin, 81, a carpenter from Chatfield, died August 10, 2003 under hospice care at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester. He had been there five days.
He was born June 19, 1922, in Pilot Mound. In 1940 he graduated from Chatfield High School. During World War II he served in the Merchant Marines from 1942 to 1944. On Jan. 29, 1945, he married Rosemary Bradt in Rochester. Mrs. Houghtelin died Oct. 21, 1992. Mr. Houghtelin worked in the maintenance department of Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield and for the past five years worked at Valley Design in Fountain. Survivors include two daughters, Brenda (Butch) Isensee of Chatfield and Nancy Houghtelin of Lawndale, N.C.; three grandchildren; and a half-brother, William David of Chatfield. One sister preceded him in death. The memorial service was August 14, 2003 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.