"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert 'Bob' Hansen, 76, of LeRoy, a retired Hillandale Farms employee, died August 12, 2003 at his home. He had been ill with cancer since October 2002.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale country school in Iowa. During World War II, he served with an Army field artillery unit stationed in Korea and the Philippines and was discharged in 1946. On June 1, 1952, he married Darlene Hopp at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in LeRoy all their married lives. Mr. Hansen worked as a lineman with General Telephone Co. until 1953. He then was a route driver picking up eggs from local farmers for LeRoy Packing Co. until 1960. In 1960 he began working for Mendelson & Halling Egg Processing Plant as a route driver and was plant foreman when the company was bought out by Hillandale Farms of New Hampton, Iowa, in 1980. He was employed by Hillandale Farms until his retirement in 1992. He served as a LeRoy city councilman and was a member of First Baptist Church in LeRoy, where he served as a deacon and trustee for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel (Dan) Young of LeRoy and Renae Dohlman of Lake City; two sons, Randy of LeRoy and Ron (Judy) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Emily (Richard) Hancock of Clarks Grove, Minn. Two brothers and an infant sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert "Bob" Hansen was August 15, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.